Have You Used Russian Piping Tips ? Pros And Cons.

Decorating By carolinecakes Updated 17 Apr 2016 , 11:51pm by Singerssoul

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 2 Mar 2016 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 2

Have you used these, what are your thoughts?

US Seller 7 XXL pieces Cake Decorating European Russian Piping Nozzle Tulip Tips

1 reply
Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 17 Apr 2016 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 2

I don't have all of those in the picture, but my local cake supply had a set of 12 that I bought. My set does have a couple you show above. (could not pass them up for $25)  I have tried 2 so far, and I love them!  I did watch a few videos on YouTube and read up on them prior to using them, so that helped.  They are huge and I have a dedicated bag cut to their size (they do not fit on the large coupler, so keep that in mind). You will need to use at least an 18 inch piping bag for them, due to how big they are.  I used them for the top of a quarter sheet cake this weekend with a ton of leaves and they worked that way.  I think they would look good among other flowers as well, if doing a cake with different types of flowers.  I do think they need either other flowers or leaves around them otherwise I feel they look a bit odd. If you make them smaller that a full flower size, they could go on a cupcake (I think the full size flower looks too big on a cupcake).  I am still playing with them, but I like having them as a  quick buttercream flower option.   HTH!smiley.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%