Friday Night Cake Club For 2/26/16

Decorating By catlharper Updated 29 Feb 2016 , 3:30pm by catlharper

Naivohw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naivohw Posted 29 Feb 2016 , 1:27pm
post #31 of 35

@catlharper Yes they're gumballs. The inspiration pic she sent me had fondant balls, but these were much quicker!

Naivohw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naivohw Posted 29 Feb 2016 , 1:27pm
post #32 of 35

@catlharper Yes they're gumballs. The inspiration pic she sent me had fondant balls, but these were much quicker!

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 29 Feb 2016 , 2:10pm
post #33 of 35

@Marian64 ‍ Love it!! Your eiffel tower looks really good! Sorry to hear the nicer one broke, but this one is still very nice. Great job!

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 29 Feb 2016 , 3:09pm
post #34 of 35

@MsLiaJ ‍ my originial post about the Eiffel Tower was sent for moderation. Maybe cause I added a link.

Anyway it is royal icing I used a template from the Internet and there is a tutorial if you google royal icing Eiffel Tower.  I used tip 3 for the entire tower. I saw the tutorial after the fact.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 Feb 2016 , 3:30pm
post #35 of 35

@Naivohw ‍ Great idea..I love how shiny and I'm sure the kids loved it too!

Well, The Martian didn't win last night (boo hooo hoooo) but the cake looked wonderful on the table and it tasted even better so it was a real hit! Worth the extra work on this crazy weekend!

If you have been here on this board the past several years then you will know that this is now baseball season for our family! My 14 year old is on his freshmen team and had his first game this weekend. Life will be crazier than ever. Fortunately my next cake isn't until mid April but then I have two back to back. This means I'll be living vicariously through all of your creations so please please please come back and post each week???

See you all Friday!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%