Help! Need Suggestions On Display.

Decorating By MagicMoon

MagicMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MagicMoon Posted 25 Feb 2016 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 1
I'm doing a sculpted cake for a non-profit event. It's a silent auction where entries are displayed on tables. There's a sheet of paper where people write their increasing bids to win each entry. Picture a fairly packed community center with families milling around between the tables looking at all the goodies. I have no idea how to display it where it can be seen and enjoyed but protected. I'm getting that panicky "what have I gotten myself into" feeling. Eeek!  Any ideas appreciated!!
Read more at http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/828254/help-on-display-ideas#aDwYW5d1441gjDhA.99
I'm doing a sculpted cake for a non-profit event. It's a silent auction where entries are displayed on tables. There's a sheet of paper where people write their increasing bids to win each entry. Picture a fairly packed community center with families milling around between the tables looking at all the goodies. I have no idea how to display it where it can be seen and enjoyed but protected. I'm getting that panicky "what have I gotten myself into" feeling. Eeek!  Any ideas appreciated!!
Read more at http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/828254/help-on-display-ideas#aDwYW5d1441gjDhA.99

I'm doing a sculpted cake for a non-profit event donation. It's a silent auction where things are displayed on rows of tables with sheets of paper where people write their bids to win each item. Picture a big crowd of families packed into a community center milling around between tables looking at all the goodies. I've only been once several years ago and I don't remember there being any ropes or anything between folks and the auction items. I'm trying to figure out how to display it where it can be seen and enjoyed but protected. I'm a home baker and only been at it a couple of years. I haven't displayed anything like this before so I'm getting fairly panicked.  Any suggestions appreciated!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%