Stupid Scammers At It Again!

Lounge By Singerssoul Updated 20 Mar 2016 , 12:08pm by DBJeanie

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 2:08am
post #1 of 10

So I had the following email conversation with someone that I was suspicious about and subsequent conversations confirmed was a scammer.  Taking a page from a previous thread about this, check out what I offered up! Thought we could use a good laugh.  smile.png

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 9:22 PM, robert jack <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello this is Mr Robert Jack,I will like to know if you do Birthday Cake / Cupcakes / Cookies, I want to order for my Son Birthday which is coming up  March 2016 and I want to know if you accept credit card  as your means of payment?..Ca

Regards,
Robert.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Amy xxx> wrote:

Hello Mr. Jack,

Thank you for considering Simply Baked. Please clarify what you are looking for to order for your child's birthday. That will allow me to see if I can provide what you are looking for.

Simply Baked 

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 9:30 PM, robert jack <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for the reply,I want to know if you make any of this cupcakes flavor: Cookie and Cream,  Vanilla with frosting, caramel apple, Red Velvet, Chocolate  Salted Caramel t, the birthday is coming up on 5th of March 2016, I would have come to meet you in person but am having hearing impaired that is why i choose texting as my communication method kindly reply back with your full name, address  cos the charter bus driver will need it for pickup and I will be needing 15 dozens altogether get back to me with the total cost asap.

Hope to read from you,
Thanks.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 9:35 PM, Amy xxx> wrote:

Hello Robert,

Pick up information would be provided once you place an order and pay in full. Unfortunately, due to being all natural bakery, I do not provide the flavors you are requesting. I regret that I am unable to assist you.

Thank you for considering Simply Baked! 

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 4:14 AM, robert jack <[email protected]> wrote:

Okay Good,kindly get back to me with the total cost of the flavors you offer for 15 dozen.Thanks

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Amy xxx> wrote:

Hello Robert,

Total cost for cupcakes without knowing flavors, type, or any additional information would be costly. When can we meet to discuss this? Then I can go over flavors, pricing, and other information. I could use my limited ASL skills to converse with you. My top selling flavor is lemon sweetnell with a lovely frenched frosting. Would that do? Would you want all 15 dozen cupcakes in that flavor? I also have a decadent blueberry sage fusion with whipped lavell frosting. We could split the order between them. Would that work?

Thank you for your business!

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 11:41 AM, robert jack <[email protected]> wrote:

Okay Good,I will like you to split the order between them and get back to me with the total cost altogether for 15 dozen.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Amy xxx> wrote:

Hello Robert,

15 dozen of these specialty cupcakes would be expensive. Total cost would be about $1500 with delivery adding $400 for a total of $1900. The specialized packing needed is very expensive and specially created. Payment would be required in full to book the order. Due to the exclusiveness of these cupcakes, I must deliver them personally. Where would they be going?

Thank you for your business!

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 12:24 PM, robert jack <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks I'll also be needing a little favor from you regarding the event planner. I have my credit card available for the payment. But first I want you to pay attention to this .I have been advised to take a long rest for an easy and fast recovery, hence the reason why I need your favor is that I haven't paid the event planner because he does not have credit card facility and I'm unable to go through stress.

Regarding this fact,I will be giving you my credit card for the total of $5,980. Once the funds clears to your account $1,900 will be deducted as full payment for the Cupcake Order ,$80 for yourself as tip and the remaining $4,000 will be sent  to the Event planner via Cash deposit.Be rest assured you will be charging everything on my credit card including the 3% CC charges. Below is the final break down of the total charges i will be authorizing you to charge on my credit card.

Cupcake Order : $1,900
Event planner : $4,000
Tips & Gratitude : $80
3% CC charges?
Get back to me ASAP so you can authorize the charges from my end.

smiley.png I have since responded to this last bit stating, sure send along the card information.  I have not heard back, so guessing they realized the gig was up.  If they sent card info I would report it, as I am sure that it would either be a fraudulent number or a stolen card.

9 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 3:10am
post #2 of 10

Wow, he's stupid to go along with it for so long. i think that some of those guys just use an autoreply so that they send an answer without even reading what you sent.  And he's a greedy little mofo too, $4000? wow. If people fall for this (and they must) I see why they keep doing it. Jerks. If he writes back have him tell his courier to send the truck to the local police station's address.

Singerssoul Posted 22 Feb 2016 , 3:16am
post #3 of 10

I keep waiting, but think they finally figured out I was gaming them. But they are so on their shtick, that there was no blinking at $1900 for cupcakes due to my "specialty" flavors. ( Hmmm. getting lost in dreams of $1900 for 15 dz cuppies kissing_heart.png).

LaMousseline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaMousseline Posted 25 Feb 2016 , 12:46am
post #4 of 10

This is happening to me right now as we speak! I am so glad I decided to look the email up before I went through with it. There was red flags since the first email! My husband tried to warn me that everything sounded sketch too. Thank you for posting this!grin.png

Singerssoul Posted 25 Feb 2016 , 1:42am
post #5 of 10

They are trying hard.  They finally got back to me asking me to provide my phone number so they could text me the information.  since I know that numbers can be used for fraud, I simply stopped responding.  The funny thing?  My phone number is all over my website and other contact points..lol. 

costumeczar Posted 28 Feb 2016 , 10:32pm
post #6 of 10

Send them the number to the local police station!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 1 Mar 2016 , 7:47am
post #8 of 10

These responses are hysterical! The best parts are where the internet fraud email address is given. Priceless.

shasha711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shasha711 Posted 16 Mar 2016 , 4:49am
post #9 of 10

Thank you so much for posting this. They sent the same email 3x's to me today. I didn't reply and now that I read this I'm glade I didn't. Thanks again 

DBJeanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DBJeanie Posted 20 Mar 2016 , 12:08pm
post #10 of 10

If them scammers spent less time trying to screw people over and found a real job the world would be a better place lol

Thanks for the chuckle!    :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%