Korean Buttercream Recipe?

Decorating By HenrysHungry Updated 8 Jun 2018 , 4:00pm by Loyocakitchen

all_about_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all_about_cake Posted 8 Jan 2017 , 9:19pm
post #301 of 349

@ strawberry1234

I didn't use the Korean butter for those cakes, casue I can't get the butter where I live. In fact, it is impossible to get the butter out side of Korea. I found Kirkland butter is bit whiter than other butters in the market. If you happen to near by Costco, give it a shot. :D For white (looking) flower, I used an old bakers trick to make white icing; mix tiny tiny amount of purple food color into your buttercream. 

I worked with Korean butter couple of times, when I went to Korea. It is a real butter, melt like a real one, just really white in color.

luluwisme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luluwisme Posted 13 Jan 2017 , 9:23am
post #302 of 349

Quote by @luluwisme on 1 minute ago

Quote by @JYMum on 26 Apr 2016 , 12:13pm

Hi, everyone. I've received lots of requires about the glossy buttercream recipe. I'm working on the photos and instruction. Please give me some time for it. 'Cause I have two babies to take care of~ And I am testing it to match the hot climate here in Malaysia.

900_korean-buttercream-recipe_986959571eeade59e6a.jpg

dear @JYMum ‍  your buttercream flower is gorgeous. i'm  interest with your recipe. would u mind to share it with me too? cause we live in the same climate. my email is [email protected] thank you so much :)

cakeeatlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeeatlove Posted 14 Jan 2017 , 3:08pm
post #303 of 349

Hi all

You guys can search the book " Korean Decorating Art " book by Angle Ho and Kim Yoon Hee on Ebay or Amazon or other sources. You will have a Korean buttercream recipe on this book and learn the techniques how to pipping the gorgeous flowers in buttercream and bean paste as well.

This is the book

[postimage id="6234" thumb="900"]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buttercream-Book-Korean-Butter-Cream-Decorating-Art-For-All-Cakes-Baking-Lovers-/272521783121?hash=item3f73906751:g:p6IAAOSw241YeiV3

Cheers

nyammcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nyammcat Posted 18 Jan 2017 , 8:52pm
post #304 of 349

Thanks @cakeeatlove ‍!  I ordered the book from eBay and it is on the way now! I am really excited to go through the recipes and techniques. I've actually been following kimncake and yunaflowercake on instagram for a while but I hadn't been aware that they had a book! 

GreekPsyche Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GreekPsyche Posted 19 Jan 2017 , 12:22am
post #305 of 349

Hi,

I found this blog looking for a recipe for 'Korean Buttercream', which as you know now is not a buttercream AT ALL. 

Here is a youtube video on how to make the paste and then a video of piping flowers with it. I'll stick with SMB, lol!

, your flowers above are absolutely stunning and my favourite colour of  blue!

GreekPsyche Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GreekPsyche Posted 19 Jan 2017 , 12:26am
post #306 of 349

Hmm, most of my post  is  missing, but please disregard as I just noticed I was only reading the first page of posts.   

syana99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
syana99 Posted 20 Jan 2017 , 6:30am
post #307 of 349

In Korea they use bean paste for flower decoration on rice cake. However on regular cake, they use buttercream. Of course, you can choose to use bean paste to pipe the flowers on regular cake too, some even prefer bean paste over buttercream because of its stability (doesn't melt in your hand).

Loyocakitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loyocakitchen Posted 23 Jan 2017 , 7:15am
post #308 of 349

wn Recipe ^^[postimage id="6275" thumb="900"]

Loyocakitchen Posted 23 Jan 2017 , 7:19am
post #309 of 349

My new own Recipe, very very easy, but glossy, skinny, very very transparent, and strong ^^

Dmca20031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dmca20031 Posted 25 Jan 2017 , 6:56am
post #310 of 349

You can actually make very delicious chocolates using sweet potatoes or regular potatoes and icing sugar, it's an old recipe and very delicious. Comes out like old fashioned Fondant for chocolates.

Amyfyam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amyfyam Posted 25 Jan 2017 , 9:04am
post #311 of 349

Hi.. @JYMum ‍ ,, lucky me if you want to send me the recipe,please kindly send to my email  [email protected] , i would really appreciate your buttercream recipe when you have time..thank you so much before @JYMum 

Amyfyam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amyfyam Posted 25 Jan 2017 , 10:46am
post #312 of 349

Hi,, @Wipaweew ‍ ,, could you share @JYmum recipe to me [email protected] ..

Thank you before..

potchicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potchicookie Posted 25 Jan 2017 , 8:11pm
post #313 of 349

hi @JYMum i'd really appreciate if you could share with me your shiny buttercream recipe please. my email is [email protected] please.

potchicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potchicookie Posted 25 Jan 2017 , 8:16pm
post #314 of 349

Hi @ivymrspark i'd really appreciate if you could please share with us your buttercream recipe? my email is [email protected].  

syana99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
syana99 Posted 29 Jan 2017 , 3:28pm
post #315 of 349

Hi @sirse, other than adding in more sugar, I have no idea. All my pictures I shared on the post used the original amount of sugar, it gets glossier as it sits in room temperature. 

Quote by @sirse on 8 hours ago

Hi Syana99,

I'll try it out soon:)

In regards to adding more sugar to make the flowers more glossy, is there other way?

Thank you

Irini1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irini1 Posted 31 Jan 2017 , 12:16am
post #316 of 349

Good evening @JYMum !!!

I wonder if you could  email me your buttercream recipe at [email protected] ? In case you can I understand.... !!!

Thank you for your attention :-) !!!

Irini1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irini1 Posted 31 Jan 2017 , 12:25am
post #317 of 349

Dear  @Loyocakitchen  good evening !!!

I would love to try and make your buttercream recipe with yogurt ! Can you please mail me  to [email protected] the procedure I have to follow so I can have it ???

Thank you in advance !!

nj90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nj90 Posted 3 Feb 2017 , 1:57am
post #318 of 349

Hi, I already tried the recipe from Little Flowers Company with cold butter and IMBC method. Its my first time so the flower is not look good enough. I need more practice. Here is the picture. The buttercream is 2 hour in room temperature. Its not look translucent, but it does look more glossy in room temperature. I like the recipe andKorean Buttercream Recipe? definitely want to try it again soon.

Loyocakitchen Posted 5 Feb 2017 , 6:45am
post #319 of 349

This is the cake I used Elle & Vire butter,  Product of France, the key work is Cold ^^ Korean Butter is so expensive with me, last time I used Arla Butter, President Butter, but I love Elle & Vire most^^

Loyocakitchen Posted 5 Feb 2017 , 6:46am
post #320 of 349

This is the cake I used Elle & Vire butter,  Product of France, the key work is Cold ^^ Korean Butter is so expensive with me, last time I used Arla Butter, President Butter, but I love Elle & Vire most^^[postimage id="6380" thumb="900"]

Emeyardyey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emeyardyey Posted 7 Feb 2017 , 6:40pm
post #321 of 349

@Loyocakitchen ‍ Your cake looks amazing! Can you share your recipe? Pls.

Whiskandfroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Whiskandfroth Posted 13 Feb 2017 , 11:19pm
post #322 of 349

Hello everyone

I bought the Korean Decorating Art book with the glossy Buttercream recipe from this girl. It was $68 USD

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=352137105136572&set=a.312432352440381.1073741860.100010208569016&type=3&theater

Viavia17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Viavia17 Posted 14 Feb 2017 , 6:00am
post #323 of 349

Hi, appreciate that you could share me the recipe as well. This is my email address : [email protected]

Crememint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crememint Posted 14 Feb 2017 , 3:36pm
post #324 of 349

Hello @loyocakitchen can share with me your recipe?

Quote by @Loyocakitchen on 5 Feb 2017 , 2:46pm

This is the cake I used Elle & Vire butter,  Product of France, the key work is Cold ^^ Korean Butter is so expensive with me, last time I used Arla Butter, President Butter, but I love Elle & Vire most^^900_korean-buttercream-recipe_9893205896ca5289e28.jpg

swisscookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swisscookie Posted 15 Feb 2017 , 12:14am
post #325 of 349

I did check website with that expensive courses and I had to laugh from deep of my heart:) Its nothing, then swiss ( or italian) meringue buttercream, used by european and american ( australian as well) women maybe 200 years, if not more. Genuine swiss recipe for "miracle" shiny buttercream is from meringue, sugar sirup in right temperature, very very cold butter and all this mixed in a precise order and at precisely defined temperatures. From thit korean woman it is unbelievable insolence, cheeky try have it patented, because it is very old recipe, in Europe and US widely used. So nothing new, like she is pretending, to be something inovative. I would be not surprise, if patent office would refuse such patent, because its pure nonsence. Document which she have on website is nothing, then filled application seeking for patent. Its doesnt mean, that it is patented. And if in korean patent office will such fools and will patent it, so I wish be little fly in any court hall when she will sue thousands women in Europe which have recipe from grandmothers, aunts or mothers :))) Good luck for her then..... She will pay a lot of money, because she will lose everything. 

sirse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sirse Posted 15 Feb 2017 , 9:23am
post #326 of 349

Thank you so much for syana sharing of the korean buttercream recipe. I made it and no longer need for expensive class. Although I'm still pursuing a whiter base, it's good enough for now. She's one of a handful who provided me   genuine help in creating these pretty flowers and probably the only one in the forum.

If you're very interested in free Korean buttercream flowers her recipe is your best bet.

Good luck guys 

sirse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sirse Posted 15 Feb 2017 , 9:27am
post #327 of 349

Loyocakitchen Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 8:23pm
post #328 of 349

it is Italian Meringue Buttercream in the way to make it GLossy, Skinny and Translucent ^^

[postimage id="6514" thumb="900"]

deuzamaria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deuzamaria Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 3:02am
post #329 of 349

Dear @Loyocakitchen ‍ good night!!!

Can you share with  with me your yogurt buttercream

and Italian meringue buttercream? Please.

My email is , [email protected]

Thank you very much.

Deuzeny

deuzamaria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deuzamaria Posted 18 Mar 2017 , 8:45pm
post #330 of 349

Hi Loyoktichen.

Can you here with me yogurt buttercream and

Italian meringue buttercream( glossy ,shiny and

translucent)? Your cake look beautiful.

Thank you very  much.

[email protected]