Lots Of Pizzelles And Iron Broke

Baking By craftybanana2 Updated 1 Feb 2016 , 2:25am by craftybanana2

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone make a lot of pizzelles? I'm talking 50-100 at a time maybe once or twice a year. I have a pizzelle maker which broke after making 6, the tab broke off which I hear is common with these types of things. Does anyone have a recommendation for a maker that doesn't have a flimsy clamp or who has maybe used a clamp on theirs? I was using the Cuisinart $50 one. If I go for a heavy duty one, I'm not sure which one to choose.

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 31 Jan 2016 , 2:25am
post #2 of 6

Please forgive my ignorace, but what are pizzelles?

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 31 Jan 2016 , 2:30am
post #3 of 6

I just looked it up. I've seen those and eaten those before, just did not realize what they are called.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 31 Jan 2016 , 10:18am
post #4 of 6

Yes, I make approximately 600 pizzelles at Christmas time every year,  My brand is a Toastmaster like the one at this link.  I've had it for 35 years and it's still going strong.  No tab or clamp to break.  

http://www.amazon.com/Toastmaster-Pizzelle-and-Cookie-Maker/dp/B004PWA9U0 

It only makes 2 at a time, but only requires about 45 seconds bake time per load, so it goes pretty quickly.  Set up on a card table in front of the TV and "bake away the day."  If you need a good recipe, let me know and I'll post one.

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 1 Feb 2016 , 1:39am
post #5 of 6

I bake a lot of those probably 1000 a year. 

I have CucinaPro Pizzelle Non Stick Baker. never had anything broken and have had it for 5 years. 

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 1 Feb 2016 , 2:07am
post #6 of 6

Thank you both! I will look into both of those. I hate how those little tabs break so easily.

Edit:

I just took a look at the CucinaPro brand, holy cow! They have just about every gadget known to Italians! I had no idea an electric pasta machine looked so cool, let alone existed! :D

*Last edited by craftybanana2 on 1 Feb 2016 , 2:25am

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%