Wait, Did I Do That?!!

Lounge By Pastrybaglady Updated 4 Feb 2016 , 1:47pm by -K8memphis

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 8:44am
post #1 of 19

If you try to delete your own post does it delete the entire thread?  I tried to post on the Friday Night Cake Club but only the text posted, the pictures did not so I tried to delete my post and the entire thread is no longer visible.  Did I do that or is it just not visible to me?

18 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 9:19am
post #2 of 19

I'm afraid you did that. I just got a notification that you posted something on fncc and wanted to open it. It have me a 404 error. When I went back to home page it was gone...The entire thread. Now it makes sense to me what happened some days ago with the sugarless cake thread - I posted something,  but deleted it by mistake (it got posted twice and I wanted to delete one of them). When I searched for the thread to post again it was gone. So weired! 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 1:45pm
post #3 of 19

yes i did that too -- glad to know i'm not the only one -- hope you put in a ticket to the help desk 

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 30 Jan 2016 , 2:28pm
SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 19

Seems like it. I was going to see your reply to the Friday Night thread and I got the 404 error. That's very odd, hopefully this gets fixed soon.

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 19

now the edits don't seem to be working or are on a delayed time thing

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 19

wait -- they are working, the edits work

Pastrybaglady Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 19

Aack!  I'm so sorry frowning.png My apologies to @catlharper ‍ and everyone who posted.  Cat, can you make another one?

I did submit a fix it ticket. 

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 6:44pm
post #8 of 19

LOL..LOL...ROFL...that's too funny. What an ODD glitch in their programming here! OF COURSE I'll go start up FNCC again with a new post! 

@Pastrybaglady @-K8memphis @SweetShop5 @julia1812 ‍ 

Cat

hep275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hep275 Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 7:53pm
post #9 of 19

i am so sorry because now, even though i had read this post I too have deleted the thread.  I really am very sorry but cant believe that in posting a duplicate post I'd made I have wiped the whole thread.  Many, many apologies

Pastrybaglady Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 8:03pm
post #10 of 19

@hep275 ‍ Do you mean you deleted the 2nd FNCC post?  laughing.png

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 8:06pm
post #11 of 19

Oh....my...goodness! LOL! I guess I shouldn't find this so funny but it really is to me! You poor guys! I'm sorry this week doesn't seem to be getting on it's feet but I'll go start it again! LOL!

Cat

@hep275 ‍ 

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 8:19pm
post #12 of 19

Maybe that explains why the post I wrote wouldn't go through lol. I kept getting a error message I must have been posting while it was deleting..... I think there are a few bugs to work out still :)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 9:00pm
post #13 of 19

No @Pastrybaglady ‍ ... You did not do that.  The program did that to itself.

Don't take this on your shoulders, you guys are all pitching in on the forum to be helpful and part of the communal growth of yourself and other bakers,  The tools and equipment are just not operating properly.

Nancylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancylou Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 9:49pm
post #14 of 19

I'm so relieved to hear that I was not the only one this happened to.   My post was also a double post and when I went back to delete the second one - the whole thing disappeared.  Weirdest glitch ever ...

Rohini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rohini Posted 1 Feb 2016 , 10:33am
post #15 of 19

I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one who this happened to!! 

Just the other day I deleted an entire thread (quite without intention) while trying to delete my own post!!! I was horrified! Thankfully, I had the same thread opened on a second computer so I could see who had started the thread and what had already been written. Copied the entire content and sent the person who started the thread a PM with my sincere apologies. She was really sweet about the whole thing!! :) 

Sent an email to admin about it as well. Hope they get around to fixing this bug soon. It's awful, if you can just go and delete a thread started by someone else under the impression you are deleting your own post!! Yikes!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 4 Feb 2016 , 3:43am
post #16 of 19

We are working on it now.

Please reply here with any thread subject lines you recall that appear to be gone so we can restore them.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 4 Feb 2016 , 4:12am
post #17 of 19

The bug has been fixed, and I have restored the original FCC post here:

http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/827850/friday-night-cake-club-for-12916/

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 4 Feb 2016 , 12:46pm
post #18 of 19

Quote by @Rohini on 3 days ago

Just the other day I deleted an entire thread (quite without intention) while trying to delete my own post!!! I was horrified! Thankfully, I had the same thread opened on a second computer so I could see who had started the thread and what had already been written. Copied the entire content and sent the person who started the thread a PM with my sincere apologies. She was really sweet about the whole thing!! :) 

I did the same thing! :)

-K8memphis Posted 4 Feb 2016 , 1:47pm
post #19 of 19

i zapped one but i can't remember...trying to remember...it'll come to me...some day...it was the one about...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%