Friday Night Cake Club For 1/29/16

Decorating By catlharper Updated 30 Jan 2016 , 8:38am by Pastrybaglady

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 4:39am
post #1 of 6

Opening up another session of the FNCC! All levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help if needed or provide help if they can!

Cat

5 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 4:40am
post #2 of 6

Hi everyone! I hope your week has been great. Unfortunately I got food poisoning last weekend and have been dealing with the after effects all week. UGH. So no baking of any sort this week for me. Looking forward to seeing your creations instead!

Cat

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 4:50am
post #3 of 6

Hey everyone!

Only had a baby shower cookie order for this week, so I made 40 onesie cookies. I'll be taking pictures tomorrow! But we received the professional photos of our cakes from the photo shoot! We're so excited and everything turned out perfect! Here's one of them:

900_sprinkle-cakes-937512sWbAl.jpg

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3359144/sprinkle-cakes

We made a half cake with sprinkles, a small 4" cake with chocolate drip, another 4" cake with a dash of rainbow sprinkles, and a third 4" cake with buttercream.

@catlharper ‍ That's TERRIBLE! Food poisoning is awful, hope you feel better soon! 

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 5:04am
post #4 of 6

Oh no @catlharper that's terrible.  So sorry this happened to you :/ Food poisoning is really nasty and I hope you recover soon!

We also didn't have a good week because my older son got a knee injury at school. It was swollen to twice it's size and it was scary as I wasn't sure if it might leave a permanent damage. He missed out on school and the swim training and couldn't compete at the swimming gala as a result. Thanks goodness no orders this week, I could slowly start working on my youngest son's birthday cake for next weekend. 

The kids had healthy week at school and I was determined to proof that cake doesn't have to be too unhealthy. So I made this yogurt peach tart using only 2 spoons of sugar (1/10th of a spoon sugar per serving). 

56ac446847dcc.jpeg

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 5:38am
post #5 of 6

I thought I had a bad week. Hope you feel better Cat.

Sweetshop5 love the cakes what a wonderful setup.

Julia1812 that peach tart looks yummy.

i baked a small cake for my daughter-in-law. 

56ac4c51780d2.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing what every one is making.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 30 Jan 2016 , 8:38am
post #6 of 6

Cat, so sorry you had food poisoning!  Last time my husband had it he was laid up in bed for 3 days, no fun at all.  @SweetShop5 â€ What a wonderful opportunity and the pictures look great!

This was a birthday cake for a guy who loves weightlifting, his dog and cell phone.  It's hard to see but the dog is hold a cell phone in his mouth.

56ac7679d9228.jpeg

This undecorated cake is truly my pride and joy because I was positive it was not going to come out.  This was so time consuming and fraught with problems and I put it in the oven just knowing I was wasting a ton of time and ingredients, but I had to try for my daughter's birthday.  She and her friends are going to see Kung Fu Panda 3 so I thought I would try a panda inside cake.  It was so messy and unwieldly.  I felt so defeated and the final bake seemed to take forever.  It was finally done so I took it out and let it cool for a little bit and when I could stand it no more I cut off both ends to see what happened and to my utter surprise I saw the panda!  This is the pinnacle of my caking experience thus far probably because I was so sure I had botched it.  I'll be frosting it tomorrow.

56ac767a33f74.jpeg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%