Le Cordon Bleu Is Le Cordon Screwed

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 22 Jan 2016 , 12:22pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Jan 2016 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 3

so my kid went there and over the years i have groused on here about how we paid through le nose for le school that enabled him to get le jobs that paid no more and in some cases less than anyone else could get right off the street no le fancy degree -- i often advise other peeps on here of the disparity --  well they are getting their well deserved comeupance:

so le kibosh is on -- see here:

http://www.schoolscamlawyer.com/le-cordon-bleu-cooking-school-scam-fraud-40-million-dollar-settlement/

problem is this law firm says they are not taking any more cases -- what's that about -- and he went to school in texas not california -- le sigh -- dude i would be freaking rich if we got this money back or could at least stop paying the dang school bill 

so le good news is at least they won't be roping in anybody else

2 replies
Amps.prkns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amps.prkns Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 12:27am
post #2 of 3

Tell me about it. My husband and I went there, we pay more than 1k a month on loans. Thankfully we're of the lucky few who did get good jobs so no complaints there. But it was not worth 42k 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 12:22pm
post #3 of 3

oh my goodness -- one of those lifeless degrees is way too many and you all have double -- yoiks -- no bueno --

i'm really liking that california thing -- fortunately the loan is in my husband's name so our interest rate is 3% and our payments are much much kinder than yours -- plus we're retired now so gonna try & get 'em lowered with an ever extended pay back time/amount --

but you guys would/might probably be in major family time perhaps ? where the financial demands are at their highest intensity in your lifespan -- even just trying to buy a house or anything with your pricey degrees doing zip nada for you except pulling you down  -- grrr -- 

i'm really sorry you guys are in this time release slough pit -- fwiw you're not alone and there was strength in numbers in california -- obviously it's already been decreed a scam -- that's a very good thing

what state was your school in? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%