Looking For A Really Moist Vanilla Cupcake!!

Baking By Quan86 Updated 25 Jan 2016 , 7:22pm by -K8memphis

Quan86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Quan86 Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 8

I'm looking for a really moist Vanilla cupcake, I've tried a few different recipes and the cupcakes come out either spongy or dry. Any help is greatly appreciated!

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 8

try sylvia weinstock's yellow cake recipe -- she has two you want the one with the sour cream i'll post a link -- then add an extra quarter cup of flour and then i just add the eggs whole -- the recipe suggests to separate and whip  the yolks & whites but i just add them one at a time into the well creamed sugar and butter -- be sure you stretch the eggs out well and make a nice smooth emulsion -- you can eliminate 2 or 3 of the yolks for a whiter result --

i don't use the highest speeds on my mixers for cake batter but use about  5 on a stand mixer -- then after the last flour is added i beat it (on speed 5) for two minutes and it's ready -- watch it carefully in the oven -- avoid over baking --

if you have a stand mixer use cold butter -- cut it into small pieces and beat it nicely with the sugar -- add the eggs as I stated above -- put in your vanilla -- divide powdered ingredients into thirds -- put one portion into creamed mixture combine on low -- put in half the sour cream combine -- add another portion of dry, sour cream, dry -- combining well after each addition -- scrape down the bowl -- beat on speed 4 or 5 for two minutes -- bam

and use the real cake flour and real butter -- you got this -- can't miss -- it will not get real brown on top-- just springs back -- test one in your oven first and time how long to bake -- don't over bake and these will be fantastic -- but don't refrigerate the baked cakes --

best to you

http://bakeoutsidethebox.blogspot.com/2012/01/sour-cream-yellow-cake.html

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 20 Jan 2016 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 8

@Quan86  while you are searching and testing your recipes, remember that you can always add a simple syrup to any cake and add a touch more moisture.  I keep a bottle of it in the fridge so it's handy for quick breads, cupcakes & regular cakes.  Good luck

*Last edited by MBalaska on 20 Jan 2016 , 10:37pm
Quan86 Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 8

MBalaska and -K8memphis thank you both for your input!! K8memphis Could you post the link for the sour cream one!! MBalaska simple syrup is equal parts sugar and water right? Can you flavor it?

-K8memphis Posted 22 Jan 2016 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 8

the link is at the bottom of my post ^^^ in blue lettering right under 'best to you'

Quan86 Posted 23 Jan 2016 , 5:32am
post #6 of 8

Thank you!

Quan86 Posted 25 Jan 2016 , 6:33pm
post #7 of 8

@cookies from home thank I'll give it a try!

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2016 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 8

under the heading 'really moist' if you substitute equal amounts of applesauce for butter --say 2 tablespoons it would amp up the moisture -- but while baking  you want to watch them like a hawk and pull them as soon as they are done and remove from the pan so the residual heat doesn't keep cooking them --

also the ingredients are not suggestions -- you need to follow the recipe carefully

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 25 Jan 2016 , 7:22pm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%