Painting Red Roses

Decorating By bhavyam Updated 13 Jan 2016 , 1:00pm by -K8memphis

bhavyam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bhavyam Posted 12 Jan 2016 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all i have a bunch of beautiful red gum paste roses that i did a while before for a different cake. I want to resuse them now but i need them to be a bit more a pink colour. What would be the best way to do this?

3 replies
jellybeanlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jellybeanlane Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 3:15am
post #2 of 4

Can you airbrush them with americolor?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 12:25pm
post #3 of 4

You might want to dust them with a petal dust. Try it on one, but if you airbrush it can deepen the color, but a dust will reflect the light in a different way and it can make them look lighter. Depending on the color red, though, it might be hard to make them look pink.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jan 2016 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 4

i've dunked flowers in an alcohol and food color solution --  works great but they were not dark colors going to lighter -- 

what about a fade to pink and just paint the petal tips leaving the red --

I've tried to paint with titanium dioxide aka white and that stuff is weirdy weird -- but there's so many variations of all those products -- i bet there's some kind of pearly airbrush white that could take it down in a two step process that you could then put pink over --

(my flowers were all dusted and steamed before i dunked them so I know that works) --

what i would do first is dust them with white pearl and set it with steam -- maybe do two coats then dunk in pink + ever clear have your hair dryer ready and blow them dry or mostly dry -- bet that would work

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 13 Jan 2016 , 1:00pm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%