Cadillac Cake Help Needed Deperately!!

Decorating By sugarbritches Updated 7 Jan 2016 , 9:18pm by Jenn123

sugarbritches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbritches Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 12:38am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do if you can't find a blueprint/outline for the car cake you need to make?  The car is rare and I can't find a blueprint anywhere.  I don't think I can just do it based on looking at a photograph.  I tried to download another cadillac of the same year but all of the downloads from outline have a virus.  HELP!!

3 replies
jellybeanlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jellybeanlane Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 2:37am
post #2 of 4

Have you tried YouTube ? Maybe they would have a video you could watch and get an idea from. :)

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 3:06am
post #3 of 4

Do you not have a paint-type program? Just print out a picture and hand draw a line on tracing paper maybe?

https://getoutlines.com/blueprints/693/1959-cadillac-fleetwood-sixty-special-sedan-blueprints

You don't need to download it, just copy the image, then paste it into a paint-type program. If you have a program like Gimp (free) or Photoshop, there is a feature called "outline" that makes the outline for you. It's not fool proof, but it's a place to start.

*Last edited by craftybanana2 on 6 Jan 2016 , 3:11am
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 7 Jan 2016 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 4

I print out a photo and blow it up to the correct size. Side and back shots. It shouldn't be that difficult to find the right make and model photo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%