Anyone Else Receiving This Message?

Lounge By kstevens Updated 5 Jan 2016 , 4:00am by Webake2gether

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 4 Jan 2016 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone & happy new year to you all!  I was just curious as to whether or not others have received this message from Alice_Cake:  

Hello!
Sorry for bothering you! Your works are wonderful and they impressed us. They’re incredible. You’re great master. We will be very happy if you visit our new site cakerz.me and create an account there. It’s a new platform for pastry chefs and those who has cake decorating as a hobby. Your works would beautify our site and you would had great platform for promotion of your works. We’re waiting for you!) http://cakerz.me

What red flagged it for me was the praise about my work as while I feel I'm not bad, I am far from incredible! lol  I ignored the first correspondence but have been contacted again.

Just curious as to your thoughts about it.

Thanks!

Kelly

4 replies
Alyssa6363 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alyssa6363 Posted 4 Jan 2016 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 5

I received it as well and considered it 'spam.'

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Jan 2016 , 1:24am
post #3 of 5

Spam, they're just looking for people to join a new site.

BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 5 Jan 2016 , 1:47am
post #4 of 5

I got it as well.  Can you report messages as spam?

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 5 Jan 2016 , 4:00am
post #5 of 5

I got it and it made me smile bc I can humbly say incredible and master creator or whatever they said is not in my skill set (hopefully someday lol)  I got one of those message awhile back its wasn't so full of praise so maybe those messages didn't work so they decided flattery would get people to their site. I deleted it  it seems like spam to me :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%