Transportation Of Mini Dessert Cups (Cheesecake) From Home To An Event

Business By SweetVicinity Updated 2 Jan 2016 , 4:17pm by -K8memphis

SweetVicinity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetVicinity Posted 2 Jan 2016 , 7:07am
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone,

I've got my first catering event coming up next week. I cater desserts served in mini disposable cups coming in a variety of different types such as cheesecake, pannacotta, trifles and so on.

I have an issue though such as my cheesecake in a shooter cup. Are there any ways to efficiently transport the dessert cups in some sort of special tray or holder/container so it reduces the amount of movement in the car for either myself or my clients who pick it up. I currently have them stored in a large cake box and it still moves during car rides. Also, I would like the desserts to still remain cold but that is optional if such tray/containers even exist.

I have attached photos and samples of my dessert cups. and my large cake box that it is currently stored in.

Kind regards,

Joanne

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Jan 2016 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 2

the picture doesn't seem to have come through -- but one way is to cut holes the size of the desserts in a foodsafe cardboard the same overal size of the box -- suspend the board in the cake box so each dessert will have it's own surrounding nest to rest in -- suspend it in there by hot gluing in about six 3/4 inch dowel -- one in each corner then one or two in the mid section -- maybe one would do if it's a small box -- you could also cut off the tops of clean coke bottles as the 'dowel' -- the client will not see this as it's under the board --

lots of extra work but...

or you could wrap the bottom of each dessert in a napkin or paper towel as you place it in the box -- a friend of mine used bathroom tissue in hers -- certainly cheaper than paper towels but as a customer i would be slightly horrified -- but she used hers for transporting delicate gum paste flowers not desserts -- 

if i did much work like this i would fire up my foam cutter and get a one inch sheet of foam and cut the holes out and set the cups in there without suspending it -- 

10,000 different ways

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%