Pancake Cake

Decorating By koneal84 Updated 30 Dec 2015 , 1:08am by mfeagan

koneal84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koneal84 Posted 29 Dec 2015 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 2

I was asked to make a cake last week with one tier strawberry filling and the other tier lemon filling. Of course since time is one of my main down falls I went and bought the bag of each and filled with this. Of course I have A LOT left over.

I do not have any cakes in my near future to use these fillings so I am wanting to make a  pancake cake and drizzle some of the strawberry filling over the top instead of the corn syrup mixture that some have used. I am not sure how to thin this filling out enough to go down the edge like syrup or ganache would. I don't even know if it is possible to think a filling out that is store bought.

I know I will still have A LOT of left over filling if this is possible. If there is some way I could preserve this so I could have at a later time in case someone wants some and I wouldn't have to buy would be great to know.

Thanks in advance.

1 reply
mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 30 Dec 2015 , 1:08am
post #2 of 2

To thin, try adding a bit of water and see what happens. If it's too runny, add some corn syrup or golden syrup. 

You may try freezing your filling so you aren't wasting it. I have never frozen any store bought filling before because I only make it from scratch. It can't hurt to test it to see if it freezes and thaws well. If you need to use it in the future, be sure to thaw it ahead of time to make sure it is okay to use as the consistency may change. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%