Friday Night Cake Club For 12/18/15

Decorating By catlharper Updated 20 Dec 2015 , 10:38pm by Marian64

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Dec 2015 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone! Well, I'm sure you have noticed that CC isn't really working all that well these days. I couldn't get on at all last night and still can't really upload a photo today. I'm so sorry that this is happening and it's really making re-think the FNCC. So today isn't about photos (altho' if you can get them to post please do share!) it's about figuring out if we really want to keep this forum going each week. We are "closed" the next two Fridays for Christmas and New Years so that gives everyone plenty of time to post in here and let me know what your vote is. Keep in mind that the problems with CC have been going on for weeks now with no end in sight so this frustration will continue into the future if we decide to keep on trying. Please be honest. I'm in it if you are in it!

Cat

7 replies
catlharper Posted 19 Dec 2015 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 8

So I've been busy with my Christmas stuff. I'd even planned a cake but that is just not going to happen with my schedule! Here are some cupcakes I made for our neighborhood block party! (Well, here is the link if they ever load)

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3357157/mickey-santa-cupcakes

Cat

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 19 Dec 2015 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 8

Aww Cat, your picture didn't load!  I wrote about the picture loading problem and Heath wrote me saying he couldn't figure out what was wrong because as far as he could tell you could post pictures!  So how can they fix a problem they don't even think they have? 

Even though it's a pain I still hope you continue FNCC.  I will keep trying to soldier on despite the difficulties, because this is the place where you can share and get support from people who know...

This was my biggest project amongst all the Christmas cookies and marshmallows.

900_QrYddxT3YY-nativity-cake.jpg

*Last edited by Pastrybaglady on 19 Dec 2015 , 11:36pm
catlharper Posted 20 Dec 2015 , 3:45am
post #4 of 8

@Pastrybaglady Your cake is very precious! I love the cookies/cake idea!

I can't get photos to post either here in the forum or in my gallery. SIGH. If you have Instagram you can see my cupcakes if you search for Shutterbugtraveler. I posted them this morning. It's SO frustrating.  Here is the link but not sure you will still be able to access it: https://www.instagram.com/p/_fWToqqi1b/?taken-by=shutterbugtraveler

As you can see, by the serious lack of posts here, there is some problem going on. I'm wondering if others are having the problem with getting the site to load as well. I tried several times last night before giving up. I haven't had a problem logging in today but still can't get a photo to launch. 

As I mentioned...I'm happy to hang with this if everyone else is too!

Cat

*Last edited by catlharper on 20 Dec 2015 , 3:46am
catlharper Posted 20 Dec 2015 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 8

Hey! They FINALLY posted the photo of the cupcakes I uploaded yesterday morning! I still can't post a photo here but at least you can now go see them in my gallery: http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3357157/mickey-santa-cupcakes

@Pastrybaglady  that was basicaly 24 hours for the photo to actually work. Hopefully it means they are working on the system?

Cat

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 20 Dec 2015 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 8

Please keep it going @catlharper  i seriously love Friday night cake club. The photo thing is super frustrating  lately and I've not had the time to even upload onto my computer to attempt to try and post on here. We've been really busy lots of orders for Christmas even a birthday cake next week. I've really learned what my kitchen is capable of producing this past week!!  

We've had a really good week. A local restaurant asked us to contact them after the holidays to see about carrying our products. And partening up by recommending each other. They cater events so when they meet with their clients they can recommend us and vice versa. I'm looking forward to Christmas big time and can't wait for the fun over the next few days as well.   Hope everyone has a great week. And hopefully the next couple of weeks the picture issue will be worked out so we can post again !!!

catlharper Posted 20 Dec 2015 , 6:56pm
post #7 of 8

Wow! @Webake2gether  a partnering so close to your first open day!!! That's simply awesome! What a great Christmas present for your new business! 

Cat

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 20 Dec 2015 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 8

I love coming here and seeing all the cakes. Cat thanks for keeping the forum going, but if you to decide to stop I will understand.

By the @Pastrybaglady  I love your cake.

Congratulations @Webake2gether  that sounds like a great opportunity. 

I have tried to post my cake for a graduation last weekend, but it won't load.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%