How To Make This Stand Up?

Decorating By NZcakegirl Updated 15 Dec 2015 , 2:59pm by prettycupcake

NZcakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NZcakegirl Posted 15 Dec 2015 , 11:24am
post #1 of 4

How would you you make the Minnie Mouse on this cake stand up? I assume it is gumpaste but would it be sandwiched with foamcore or card to make it stronger?  

any ideas?  I want to try somethig similar for my nieces birthday but am worried it would break

3 replies
NZcakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NZcakegirl Posted 15 Dec 2015 , 11:42am
post #2 of 4

Arrrrggghh  can't figure out how to get the image to post  but basically it is Minnie mouses face standing upright as a cake topper.  It is flat/2d so not a modelled as such.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9c/ef/c0/9cefc0ae57c337e9ee5cb84de15ec944.jpg

Try this

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Dec 2015 , 12:33pm
post #3 of 4

It looks like it's just a flat piece that's stuck to a stick or something. See the very bottom of it, there's something in the back behind her chin on either side. They probably just stuck it to a popsicle stick or a skewer .

prettycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycupcake Posted 15 Dec 2015 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 4

When I make 2D decorations that I would like to stand up on top of the cake, I usually use a 18 Gage floral wire or if the piece is thick enough to stick a wooden skewer in without distorting it, then you can use that too. I buy my floral wire at Globalsugarart.com

Hope this helps! 

Heidi 

@

sweetcakefetish.com 

*Last edited by prettycupcake on 15 Dec 2015 , 2:59pm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%