Friday Night Cake Club For 12/11/15

Decorating By catlharper Updated 16 Dec 2015 , 7:51pm by OHaresTstyTrts

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 12 Dec 2015 , 12:49am
post #1 of 9

Opening up another session of the FNCC! ALL levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!

Hope to see some cakes tonight after a few weeks of the website acting pretty sketchy!

Cat

8 replies
catlharper Posted 12 Dec 2015 , 12:51am
post #2 of 9

Hi everyone!  Working again tonight so I'm starting this off early! I did have a cake this week...Baby Mickey themed baby shower cake...but I'm still waiting for the topper to arrive before taking photos of it. I'll do that in the morning and share then! We are actually working this party too so I'll take another one when it's in place at the party so you can see all the decorations too!

Cat

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 12 Dec 2015 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 9

Don't know if my pictures will show up, but these are from last weekend.  I'm finally getting a little break to work on my own stuff these remaining days before Christmas.

The dinosaur cake was for my son's birthday.  Chocolate cake, chocolate ganache, crushed Oreos, chocolate rocks and white chocolate dinosaur bones.

Jenelle's cake was an ice princess theme.  I found out later I spelled her name wrong!  Fortunately a quick thinking genius just turned the "a" upside down - phew.

The game controller cake is a W-box. Red velvet with cream cheese SMBC.  It would have been so much easier to cover in fondant, but the customer doesn't like it so I did my best to smooth it.  So painful!

Fossil cake          Ice Princess cake        Game controller cake

Here are the links in case the pictures don't show up:

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3356429/fossil-cake

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3356428/ice-princess-cake

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3356427/game-controller-cake

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 12 Dec 2015 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 9

we are still working on the rest of the orders for the week. I just made a delivery on time by the skin of my teeth. Traffic was awful and it was much farther away than I anticipated but I made it on time she loved it and was already talking about placing an order next month for another cake. I am always way early on deliveries so this one really had my adrenaline going lol. I tried posting them but I can't from my phone :(

catlharper Posted 13 Dec 2015 , 7:17am
post #5 of 9

Sounds like the website has been miserable for all of us. I still can't upload anything. I'll try again tomorrow after the party! @Pastrybaglady  How did you make that amazingly delicate tiara? Pretty funny about the name but whew!

@Webake2gether   Sounds like one hectic week. Mine has been the same. I've been working 4 jobs (5 if you include family) with week with caking for the baby shower, working the baby shower, working at Target and working on my photography biz too. I'm simply exhausted!  Once the shower is over I'll have a teeny bit of time to put my feet up and then back at it again! Hope you get some "feet up" time soon too!

Cat

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 13 Dec 2015 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 9

I'm such a glutton for punishment all the orders for the month of December except for some fudge are all mine. No more cakes until January (as of now) so my husband gets some "put your feet up" time which he truly deserves mine I'm afraid will be in January and maybe not even then haha!! 4 jobs is a lot for one person so please kick those feet up and enjoy some relaxation as much as a wife and mom can ;)

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 15 Dec 2015 , 9:39pm
post #7 of 9

I haven't been able to post my pictures here, it won't let me. I've been having that problem recently and doesn't seem to have been fixed yet. Maybe posting the link will work. 

I made a 200 cupcake pull apart for a Memphis Belle themed xmas party.  http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3356780/a-memphis-belle-themed-pull-apart-cake

@Pastrybaglady  love your cakes! Especially the super smooth buttercream on the W-box cake. That is beautiful. 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 15 Dec 2015 , 10:04pm
post #8 of 9

@OHaresTstyTrts  I am amazed at your work!  I've never seen a cupcake cake like yours... just beautiful.  I love the texture you created on the water and the perspective is perfect.

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 16 Dec 2015 , 7:51pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks @Pastrybaglady ! I had been googling large cupcake cakes and didn't really find anything, so I just kind of winged it. It was an illustration that they wanted recreated into cupcakes. I hope they liked it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%