Organic Cake Baking

Sugar Work By Michalley1233 Updated 10 Dec 2015 , 2:47pm by -K8memphis

Michalley1233 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michalley1233 Posted 9 Dec 2015 , 9:34am
post #1 of 3

Can anyone share the recipe of organic cakes?  I have heard that organic  super food would help in weight loss. This is for my aunt. She loves  cakes and her birthday is coming.  She is  scared of putting weight so I'm thinking of  baking  an organic cake as a gift. Usually, she used to get the best quality organic food from Giddy yoyo in Canada.  I Don't know whether I'm able to make up to their mark but still trying. Fingers crossed. 

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Dec 2015 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 3

There's no difference between the calories in an organic cake and a non-organic one. Organic just means that the ingredients weren't produced with pesticides, but it has no effect on weight loss whatsoever. Sad but true. Anyone that tells you that organic super foods is good for weight loss is probably selling organic super foods. Plus they've just had some reports about super foods not being as super as they've said, so even that part of it is questionable.

Anyway, you might want to try reduced sugar recipes since that would cut the calories, but eating a lot of that isn't going to help either. I'd just make a little cake so that there isn't a ton of leftovers, that way everyone at the party gets a piece and that's all they need.

*Last edited by costumeczar on 10 Dec 2015 , 2:07pm
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Dec 2015 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 3
a cake with fruit can be a good idea where there's still plenty of calories consumed but mixing it all up with the fruit means you are at least adding fruit and deleting the frosting -- also if you can substitute some almond meal (sometimes called almond flour) for a small part of the flour that will add some protein and that will mean you are eating a more balanced product -- 
for example this type of substitution would work in this first cake where i'd use 2.5 cups flour and .5 cup of almond meal serves 16 -- the second one already has walnuts in it and serves 9 --
or a pineapple upside down cake would be cool too -- this one has walnuts and will serve 8-10
best to you
ps or individual servings like lava cakes would be cool too

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%