Forum Withdrawal

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 24 Jan 2016 , 4:58pm by Magda_MI

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Dec 2015 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 53

Apti and I are having forum withdrawal since it's so hard to get onto them these days. If anyone wants to join my facebook group www.facebook.com/caketutorialtips while they're working out the kinks here, go over there and do that. It's not a very active group, it's a long story why I started it that has to do with collecting VAT tax, but there are a few people from CC on there already. 

52 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 7 Dec 2015 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 53

It says only your customers will be acreated to your face book group. ..

costumeczar Posted 7 Dec 2015 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 53

Go ahead and join it and I'll approve people. I had to set it up that way to begin with because of the purpose for it to being with. Long story.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 7 Dec 2015 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 53

Whats happening -  That page says the may be link broken or missing!?! - almost funny.  almost

Theresa

cara1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cara1982 Posted 7 Dec 2015 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 53

I thought it was just me having problems with cake central! Ever since they changed the website I've struggled... Such a shame

costumeczar Posted 7 Dec 2015 , 9:30pm
post #6 of 53

Pffft...Just copy and paste the link, I guess it won't work if you click on it. Ironic.

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 12:33am
post #7 of 53

I sooo wish I could join but I'm not on Facebook except to manage our business page through an app on my phone no personal account though.

I've all but given up on cake central lately :( I get my cake central fix from emailing with @Pastrybaglady  haha!!! Hope everyone has had a wonderful couple of weeks!! It's been a busy and fun filled season for my family! 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 2:21am
post #8 of 53

Seriously sad.  There was only one forum working last I checked.  Webake2gether and I are trying to weather the storm.  CC, come baaaack!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 53

I am not sure what is causing anyone to have trouble accessing the forums, we will check the logs and try to investigate but we are not having any trouble accessing them here.

costumeczar Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 9:58pm
post #10 of 53

@Heath  I don't know if it helps you figure to what's going on, but the only way that I can get into most of the forums is to start on the home page where it has the newest posts. I can see those posts and respond to them, but then when I go to the forum itself from the button in the post it says 500 error. When I try to get into the forums by clicking on the drop-down menu it's hit or miss, but for the most part I get a 500 error for all of the forums. I've sent a few messages about it, I think this has been going on for a couple of weeks, maybe?

Also, if I click on start a new thread I can do that, but then it won't let me get into the other posts in that forum afterward.

theresaf Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 10:01pm
post #11 of 53

Heath,

I've experienced the same problem and reported it weeks ago.  I did get an automated message that it was received and I could expect a reply shortly but I've never received a reply.  I can only access the top forum topics on the main page.  Any help here is much appreciated!

Theresa

Heath Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 10:07pm
post #12 of 53

hmm.. I have tried accessing posts in all forum areas from all navigation points and I am not having any problems.

please go to our help section and submit a new support ticket from the browser you are having problems with.  This will allow us to capture your browser info.  Also please include in your message what device you are using.

Perhaps the problem is specific to certain OS or browsers.

costumeczar Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 10:10pm
post #13 of 53

I don't think so, I use Chrome and IE, plus whatever one is on the Ipad. I'll write up a new ticket anyway.

theresaf Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 10:11pm
post #14 of 53

Just checked again - I am now able to access the list of forum topics!  Yay! First time in many weeks!

T

costumeczar Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 10:20pm
post #15 of 53

Oh my Gawd, me too! I hadn't even checked this time because it wasn't working at lunchtime!

Heath Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 10:23pm
post #16 of 53

well we still have something to investigate because we have not changed anything at any point today, so the problem is likely to come up again until we isolate it.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 10:37pm
post #17 of 53

Costumeczar's post 10 of 16 is exactly what's been happening to me as well.  It's been at least 10 days or more.

Heath Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 10:39pm
post #18 of 53

ok, I don't need any more reports of bad incidents of it, we will go through the error logs and see what was happening.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 10:43pm
post #19 of 53

i put in a help ticket some time ago fwiw

soods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soods Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 10:55pm
post #20 of 53

I have been trying to post some pictures from my phone to the gallery with no such luck.  Everything I click on gallery from my phone it doesn't give me an option to add a picture.  Is there another way I should be doing this 

Heath Posted 9 Dec 2015 , 1:30pm
post #21 of 53

Jackie rolled out a code update last night to hopefully fix the intermittent forum access problem, let us know if it comes back.

Heath Posted 9 Dec 2015 , 1:31pm
post #22 of 53

@soods  Uploading from phones is not currently supported but is on the roadmap for January.

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 9 Dec 2015 , 1:46pm
post #23 of 53

@Heath  it's back and the forums are working great for me!! Thanks for getting that fixed!! 

Apti Posted 9 Dec 2015 , 2:11pm
post #24 of 53

Yay!  Thank you Heath and Jackie!

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 9 Dec 2015 , 3:24pm
post #25 of 53

I sent a request to join your fb group, costumeczar. At least I think that is your group :-) 

I have had big problems with forum, too. It is back now, but who knows.

Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Dec 2015 , 4:19pm
post #26 of 53

@Heath  Thank you for getting the forums back!  Unfortunately now that they're back so are the annoying black magic love spell people.  I can't seem to notify you on the posts like before. 

costumeczar Posted 9 Dec 2015 , 4:20pm
post #27 of 53

I just got the 500 error on the business forum, too. Maybe the black magic love spell people put a curse on it.

Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Dec 2015 , 4:29pm
post #28 of 53

@costumeczar  I just clicked on it and it went through but there is a lot of spell casting going on over there!

Apti Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 9:58pm
post #29 of 53

Our lovin' is supposed to come from the oven, not black magic love spells.   [fyi costumeczar, I got your PM back, but can't access it now to respond, so Merry Christmas! ]

One of the things I didn't mention is that I have to login every single time I reply to a post.   Sent a message to "help".

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 11:08pm
post #30 of 53

Problems are getting worse by day. I get logged out almost every time I click a link on this website. First time I've been able to reply to a thread all week. It's getting quite frustrating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%