Where To Meet Clients

Business By 61999 Updated 2 Dec 2015 , 9:22pm by Pastrybaglady

61999 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
61999 Posted 2 Dec 2015 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 3

I work from home but I cake design consultation with my potential clients at either a Starbucks or Panera Bread.  I don't like this as it doesn't really "represent" who I am and what my work is like.  I would like to have a cozy more personal space where to meet people.  I really think I am losing some potential bookings because of this.

I prefer not to ask them to my home as they are strangers and you can't be too careful.  Not to mention that I would have to make sure the house  and home office looks absolutely perfect before letting in any clients.

Any ideas?  i really need to make a change!

Thank you :)

2 replies
Honey6983 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honey6983 Posted 2 Dec 2015 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 3

I'm in the same situation. I also sometimes meet people at coffee shops, but more often than not I offer to meet them at their home. That way, they're totally comfortable and I always bring my tablet or computer to show photos of my work and take notes during the meeting. People always seem to appreciate me coming to them and until we get our dream meeting spaces worked out, it's a good compromise. smile.png

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 2 Dec 2015 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 3

@Honey6983  That sounds like a great idea if you know the person, but if she's nervous about strangers in HER house going to THEIR house is going to be even more nerve wracking!  Short of renting a space what else can you do?  Meeting at a public place in between the two of you feels considerate but there's also a issue of time wasted if they're late or don't show up. Everything has an up and downside.  Just gotta do what works best for you.  

I finally got wise for pick ups.  It was too time consuming to have to clean up my upstairs for someone to be there for 5 minutes.  I set up a nice bench on my porch and a covered small folding table I put out when a pick up is coming.  I have them sit on the bench while I bring the order out to them.  I use the excuse I'm saving them a flight of stairs because our house is split level.  It's been great so far and no one seems to mind, but now that it's cold it might be another story...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%