New Kitchenaid!

Lounge By chocolate0 Updated 2 Dec 2015 , 9:59pm by chocolate0

chocolate0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate0 Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 5

For my Mom's birthday earlier this month, my dad decided to get her a kitchenaid mixer. I gave a gentle nudge in the right direction, and he bought the 6 quart professional design edition (575 watts) in candy apple red from costco for $250, which I thought was a great price. I love this thing so much! I made a thanksgiving cake, italian meringue buttercream, and like a million pounds of mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. This thing runs amazing looks absolutly stunning! So glad I didn't have to spend my own money on it, even though it is well known throughout the house that I wanted the mixer more than she did and it's practically mine. I will be taking with me when I move out (in like five years). I love this thing so much that I got up in the middle of the night just to go downstairs and look at it.

So, what attachments should I "gently nudge' my dad to get for it this Christmas? Also, any warnings about using it (i.e what shouldn't I make in it)

4 replies
Cupcakegirl2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakegirl2005 Posted 2 Dec 2015 , 12:36am
post #2 of 5

I just got my 1st KA this week as a early Christmas, the paddle attachment makes my butterceam so smooth, I also stare at it too, I'm not alone

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 2 Dec 2015 , 1:34am
post #3 of 5

I love my 6 qt Prof KA! I finally made my MMF recipe in it recently and I will never ever make it by hand again. It was the best batch I have ever made. So easy to roll out and cover a cake. The same recipe but the consistency was immensely better. Have fun! 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 2 Dec 2015 , 3:23am
post #4 of 5

Get the 3 qt. Combi-whip!  It's a small bowl that fits the 6 qt. perfectly.  Nice to not always have to wash that big bowl or to just have an extra.  Just got mine yesterday :)

chocolate0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate0 Posted 2 Dec 2015 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 5

OMG, so god to know that I'm not the only one! And that its not as weird as my sisiters say it is!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%