Organizing And Keeping Track Of Orders

Business By TannaLeigh Updated 2 Dec 2015 , 4:21am by koneal84

TannaLeigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TannaLeigh Posted 24 Nov 2015 , 4:48am
post #1 of 9

Hey! Do ya'll know of any Apps that I can use to keep track of cake and cupcake orders ?

8 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 24 Nov 2015 , 6:39am
post #2 of 9

There are programs you can buy like Quickbooks or the more bakery related Cake Boss - not associated with Buddy Valastro.

I personally just use Google Docs and created a spreadsheet.  Google docs are great because if you store it in the cloud you can use any device to retrieve the info so no worries if your computer crashes.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Nov 2015 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 9

I use a paper calendar, no need to boot it up and it won't delete itself if you hit the wrong key :)

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 26 Nov 2015 , 12:46am
post #4 of 9

I use an agenda to write all my orders. I also have a calendar set up on my mac so I can keep track of orders on my laptop and phone at the same time in case I don't have my agenda with me. It's a great system that works for me.

koneal84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koneal84 Posted 1 Dec 2015 , 4:22am
post #5 of 9

BakeryButlerVA

How much does your program cost? I myself am looking for something for my home based business.

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 1 Dec 2015 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 9

@koneal84 IF you're going to buy a program, go with Cake Boss, I've heard good things about it. Otherwise use a spread sheet program or calendar type app like SweetShop5 said above.

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 1 Dec 2015 , 10:39pm
post #7 of 9

I finally bought the CakeBoss software and so far so good. You get a discount for being a cake central member. I believe they are also running a special right now. My only gripe is that it is totally cloud based. So when my year is up I have to pay them again to use their cloud. I would rather have a hard software I downloaded. I don't have storage issues as I have a couple terabytes of external hard drive that I use. I am still getting used to the software and have been really busy so "building my bakery" has been slow. But overall I really like it. It is just the fact that you don't have a choice of using your own cloud or theirs. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Dec 2015 , 11:49pm
post #8 of 9

because they are featured sponsors of this website -- i'm guessing that means they pay for that distinction?

on the right of my computer screen they are listed with edible images and craftsy 

koneal84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koneal84 Posted 2 Dec 2015 , 4:21am
post #9 of 9

Is SweetShop an app or a download? Which ever can you give me some details on it please. I've researched and watched videos on CakeBoss and wanted more options to look at.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%