Friday Night Cake Club For 11/13/15

Decorating By catlharper Updated 15 Nov 2015 , 1:19am by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 4:13am
post #1 of 11

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share photos of their work, talk about their week, ask for help or provide help if they can! ALL levels of cakers are welcome. We love to see the work!

Cat

10 replies
catlharper Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 4:15am
post #2 of 11

Wrapped up tonight in the sadness from France. If any of you are in Paris tonight know that my heart is with you. Most of our friends have checked in...just waiting for one...but my heart is broken for those who will not find friends/family alive again. 

So cheer everyone up with your cakes? I have one this week, due on Monday, my hubby's birthday cake. I'm going to attempt the volcano from the Disney short "Lava". Wish me luck!

love,

Cat

Nairka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nairka Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 6:59am
post #3 of 11

Hi, 

Also praying for Paris. Breaks my heart.

Here is my cake from last sunday. It was my first time making roses and something that looks like peonies lol top 6" and bottom 9". Was for a friend's wedding. I only asked for 100$ not sure how much a cake like this would go for, but couple ppl told me $350-$450, and $40/flower. What do you think?

5646dbb68d5cb.jpeg

hep275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hep275 Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 11:20am
post #4 of 11

I'm very much a novice hobby baker and as such I don't get chance to do many cakes but here are the ones I've done over the last couple of months.  

I made the Guide Dog one to be raffled at a cake sale at my work - unsurprisingly it was raising money for Guide Dogs for the Blind!

The Red Devils cake was again made to be raffled at a cake sale at work.  One of my colleagues was doing a fund raising parachute jump to raise money for the Army Benevolent Fund - the cake sale was to help her boost the money she raised for them.    

My middle daughter and her boyfriend have recently bought and moved into their first home together hence the new home cake and the carrot cake was just me playing - it was the first carrot cake I have baked, and only the 2nd ever square cake I've fondanted!

564718e64f6c7.jpeg

564718e728b36.jpeg

564718e7c2071.jpeg

564718e8c31ac.jpeg

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 11

#ViveLaFrance

Nothing can cheer me up today.  Just In shock!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 11

A tribute to the people of Paris.  Vive la France.

A tribute to those suffering from the attacks in Paris

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 8:29pm
post #7 of 11

Completely devastated for France  it's a very hopeless feeling :( 

here are our contributions so far this week. First cake is a "martini" themed cake for a fundraising event called "ARTini" for a local art gallery the colors of the event were turquoise pink and green. Second was a ninja turtle cake for a 5 year old :) 

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 8:34pm
post #8 of 11

Having issues uploading pictures to the thread today so here are the links  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 9:23pm
post #9 of 11

caramel apple rose pie

caramel apple rose pie for an early thanksgiving gathering

this was fun to make i can't wait to cut it and see how the

puff pastry baked up in there -- came from you tube video 

by totally sacha entitled

"apple caramel roses: show stopping dessert made easy!"

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 14 Nov 2015 , 10:59pm
post #10 of 11

Hi everyone.

Definitely a sad weekend. I'm grateful that none of my family was affected by this tragedy. My prayers go out to anyone who was affected. 

Here's what we completed this weekend. I can't seem to attached pictures for some reason so I'll post the links.

Space cake and sugar cookies:

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3355416/space-themed-cake-and-sugar-cookies

Tiffany blue cake pops and sugar cookies:

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3355419/tiffany-blue-cross-cookies-and-cake-pops

catlharper Posted 15 Nov 2015 , 1:19am
post #11 of 11

Lovely to see the cakes this week. I spent a very sleepless night waiting for friends to check in from Paris. It took almost 24 hours but everyone has been located and all are safe. Everyone is just in shock and trying to deal with the sadness. One friend lives just a couple of blocks from the concert hall and has been submerged in all of this. Just heartbreaking. At the same time I have heard that the jet that was crashed in Russia is now considered terrorism and that there as a bombing in Beirut as well.  So very very sad.

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%