Who Knew

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 9 Nov 2015 , 5:02am by julia1812

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 6

so red pepper flakes keep better in the fridge? "for optimum flavor" it says -- who knew?

got any "who knews" of your own?

5 replies
oftheeicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oftheeicing Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 6

Thank you for the tip . . . I had no clue.  I grow a variety of hot peppers and dry them, but always place in a sealed container in my pantry.  Who knew that you could scramble eggs individually and pour into ice cube trays to freeze and later thaw for breakfast or use in a recipe.  Also heard that adding a pinch of salt to your coffee before brewing will cut down the bitterness.

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 3:11am
post #3 of 6

Yep, salt in the coffee works, but it needs to be Kosher salt and you put it in with the grounds. I've just sprinkled a little bit on top of the grounds when making not so great coffee. It does work! But be warned, it's easy to add too much and salty coffee is not very fun. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 6

thank you for the ideas

i like to put cinnamon on the grounds -- closer to christmas i put nutmeg, ginger and clove too -- so good

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 9 Nov 2015 , 4:58am
post #5 of 6

Ooh. ..coffee...I'm a coffee adict! 

Even found a recipe to copy Starbucks cinnamon syrup. Yummy. We don't have Starbucks here, so I was a bit desperate, lol. 

And on another note: I figured that using cupcake liners in squared trays works a charm...and they can be transported easily as they don't shift as much as the round shaped ones. Also a good idea for minecraft cupcakes. 

Last one: a layer of cornstarch sift over a layer of cake before the fruit filling will prevent the cake from becoming soggy. 

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 9 Nov 2015 , 5:02am
post #6 of 6

@-K8memphis  do you mean red chilli flakes or red capsicum? 

I have red chilli bushes in my garden and collect them in a jar filled with vinegar. Add ginger or garlic or mango. Pickle for like 4 weeks. Then fry with one tomato in a pan and puree.  Can be kept in the fridge for looong. Am the only chilli lover in our family and the paste is great to spice up my food stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%