Frustrating Wedding Cake

Decorating By Amps.prkns Updated 2 Nov 2015 , 1:21am by Pastrybaglady

Amps.prkns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amps.prkns Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 1:13am
post #1 of 2

Had a bride show me a picture of what she wanted. Then changes the color from gold and white to champagne and white, the beads from white to black, the flowers to peacock feathers. I explain the cake will look different. I make the cake and actually like it. It looks nice and I would be happy with it. I deliver it to the venue and am dissapointed.  the cake table is an inky dinky table not even reaching my hip, the table cloth is gold (doesn't match cake), her decor is flowers (would have looked better than feathers) the lighting is dark and she forgot to get a cake stand. So now this cake I made isn't looking as good. It looks like there's no height to it, it doesn't look champagne because of the lighting and the feathers look like black poofs instead of nice peacock feathers. I know it taste good and knew it looked good but am now doubting it. I wish brides knew a cake can look good but stick it in a dark room and a mismatched table cloth and it takes away from it. Done venting sorry. The bride hasn't complained but it was eating at my brain. 

1 reply
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 1:21am
post #2 of 2

It's amazing that they wouldn't put more effort into what is usually a centerpiece in a wedding.  It stinks when customers don't value or show off our work to it's best.  Hope you got good pictures for yourself!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%