Help Me Figure Out A Few Things Of This Beautiful Pillow Cake Please!

Decorating By mmhassa2 Updated 10 Nov 2015 , 10:34pm by lisatipperoo

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 1 Nov 2015 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 8

563637b0192dc.png

So this weekend I'll be making a similar cake for my niece's pre-wedding ceremony and have a few questions. 

1. The pan used on the cake, does it look like the wilton pillow cake pan? Or does it look more hand carved?

2. What colors from the Americolor brand can I use to achieve the 2 main colors? 

3. What is the font cutter used? 

4. Last question is the construction of the fondant on the cake. Does it look like it's done in pieces or rather whole piece?

My guess is for the top tier, first its fully covered in purple fondant.  The the blue/teal fondant was paint with the damask and then cut into strips and added?

*Last edited by mmhassa2 on 1 Nov 2015 , 4:04pm
7 replies
mmhassa2 Posted 1 Nov 2015 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone?  

lisatipperoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisatipperoo Posted 1 Nov 2015 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 8

1. To me it looks hand carved. :-)

2. The Americolors look like straight teal but the purple looks like Royal Purple and Burgundy mixed half and half. 

3. The font cutter looks like Tappits. Not sure of the the exact one, but definitely looks like Tappits to me. 

4. The fondant on the cake looks like it was covered in one whole piece first, the bottom in the teal and the top in the plum color, then the details were added in strips then piped over to cover the edges. 

Would love to see it when you finish next weekend! :-)

Magda_MI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magda_MI Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 1:13am
post #4 of 8

The lace looks like this cutter set to me (2nd one from left).
http://www.globalsugarart.com/textured-lace-piece-cutter-set-by-fmm-p-18003.html

mmhassa2 Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks ladies! I can always count on this board! I'll surely add photos to this thread Friday...so excited to work on this cake! It's a surprise, so my niece has no idea what the cake will look like. 

mmhassa2 Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 2:01am
post #6 of 8

Here's my version of the pillow cake...As I used the 6" and 8" I had less space to work with for the jewels. But overall LOVED how it turned out and looking forward to making many different color version of this cake in the future. 563eacde4cd82.jpeg

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 11:50pm
post #7 of 8

stunning!

lisatipperoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisatipperoo Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 10:34pm
post #8 of 8

Very beautiful! Nice job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%