In Need Of An Easy Simple Fondant Recipe Pleaseeee Lol

Decorating By dgonzalez227 Updated 2 Nov 2015 , 8:55pm by Jeff_Arnett

dgonzalez227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dgonzalez227 Posted 27 Oct 2015 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 10

My phon restarted and I lost the cake central post about a really Simple fondant recipe it wasn't marshmallow as I know how to make that 

this one had glycerine in it  I believe ..

I want to make edible  flowers so any recipe that is simple and easy I would love lol ! Thank you in advance ! 

9 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Oct 2015 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 10

Flowers should really be made from flower paste or gumpaste.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Oct 2015 , 11:22am
post #3 of 10

Flowers that are really thin should be made from gumpaste, but if you want to do cutout fondant ones that will work, they just won't look as realistic.

The recipe you're thinking of is probably the basic one that people used before they started using marshmallows (which makes up for the gelatin in the basic recipe).  

1/4 cup cold water, 1 package of gelatin, 2 pounds confectioner's sugar, 1/2 cup corn syrup, 1 tsp glycerine, 1 Tbsp crisco (optional)

*Last edited by costumeczar on 28 Oct 2015 , 11:23am
dgonzalez227 Posted 28 Oct 2015 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks ! Would you happen to know a recipe for gumpaste.. I just thought it was the same but with tylose to make it more flexible.

is it the same ..as edible as fondant ?

the things I see in Pinterest show fondant so I just figured that would work and be super easy but I rather what is edible and realistic

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 28 Oct 2015 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 10

For realistic flowers, go with gumpaste.  Technically, they're "edible" but they're not very appetizing. 

No one is going to eat the flowers unless they're buttercream or maybe modelling chocolate.  

I use the Nicholas Lodge gumpaste recipe and love it.  Super easy to make.  There's a video on youtube that shows you how to make it.

dgonzalez227 Posted 29 Oct 2015 , 12:07am
post #6 of 10

Do you think gumpaste can last over buttercream or fondant flowers ?

I know my bestie would want to save them forever hehe 

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 29 Oct 2015 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 10

I made a topper 2 years ago for my granddaughter and she still has it.  So yes gumpaste will last for a long time.  Fondant Flowers with Tylose will also last for a while since it is technically a form of gumpaste.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 30 Oct 2015 , 2:00pm
post #8 of 10

Oh, yes.  I have clients who have saved their gum paste flowers from their weddings for as long as 15 years now and they still look good!

dgonzalez227 Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 5:34pm
post #9 of 10

im going to make gum paste today but some people say use meringue some say use real egg whites .which have a better result. .. once i make the flowers how can i store them, shoe box with lightly wrapped plastic wrap? do flowers warp with out support?

thanks all again!!!

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 8:55pm
post #10 of 10

I store my dried flowers in clear plastic boxes with well fitting lids.  I put some shredded plastic Easter grass in the bottoms (I stock up when it goes on clearance after Easter each year).  Some people use crumpled tissue or egg crate foam.  If properly dried, you flowers should not warp or distort unless moisture gets to them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%