Words With Fondant/icing

Decorating By Oriana28 Updated 21 Oct 2015 , 1:03am by Jinkies

Oriana28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Oriana28 Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make small letters with fondant/icing or anything edible really, but they have to be about 5x5mm and I'm not so good with piping. Any suggestions please? Thanks :)

3 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 4

Wow that's tiny.

Hoe about those cookie dough letters? They are pretty small. You know the ones you put onto a plastic handle and press into the cookie dough? They also work with fondant bur they would not stand out like a relief. It's the opposite effect. 

Another option is to put some icing in a bag and cut a tiny tiny hole in the corner of the bag. But since you said you're not got in piping....not sure. Maybe if you practice and then pipe on a separate piece of fondant which you attach later in case it turns out nice? 

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 4

You can buy fondant sheets at Joanns or any supply store, and trace a letter on the back (mirror image).  Then just cut it out with regular scissors and peel it off the backing when ready to place 

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 21 Oct 2015 , 1:03am
post #4 of 4

Do you or someone you know have good handwriting?  I just had to make a license plate for a car topper and I used a white sugar sheet and had hubby write the letters with an edible marker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%