Cream Cheese Flavored Emulsion - Yes Or No?

Baking By lindagal Updated 10 Nov 2015 , 8:32pm by MBalaska

lindagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindagal Posted 16 Oct 2015 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 12

Has anyone out there used the Lorann Cream Cheese Bakery Emulsion?  If so, please share how you used it and your thoughts on the results!

11 replies
Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 16 Oct 2015 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 12

would like to know myself.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 16 Oct 2015 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 12

You'll probably get a lot of differing opinion here...but for me, I did NOT like...wasn't really "cream cheesy" to me and more of an artifical chemical taste than I like.

*Last edited by Jeff_Arnett on 16 Oct 2015 , 5:07pm
Cali6422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cali6422 Posted 16 Oct 2015 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 12

I have to agree with Jeff ... I'm not a fan.  To me, it just does not taste like cream cheese.  However, I did use it for a 'test cake' I brought into work (tough group ... no holds barred feedback) and they raved about it.

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 17 Oct 2015 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 12

thumbs down for me too...

imo, it doesn't taste even remotely like cream cheese, and it has a very chemically smell that borders on repulsive...the 'unique' smell does not go away even when the emulsion is mix into product.

SummerBakes88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SummerBakes88 Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 12

I also did not like it at all and after tasting it in my recipe the smell and taste haunted me all day long :(

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 12

those oils are difficult to use -- i've recently used the essential lemon oil from lorann -- my previous use was like all the others here where it sucked and this time i used two drops in some date bars that were way too sweet -- i guess the dates had been processed with a ton of sugar anyhow at first they were gross too the smell and the taste were super yuck -- then on the second day the oil had dissipated enough and the date bars are great -- it's so easy to use too much of that stuff -- i should've only used ONE drop but anyhow just my thought -- i have used the cream cheese and it came out ok but i don't even remember for what now -- anyhow

summerbakes88 -- so well put that the smell haunts you -- it really does but when it works it's a beautiful thing 

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 10 Nov 2015 , 2:59pm
SummerBakes88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SummerBakes88 Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 12

K8memphis maybe I did add too much. I think it may be a mental thing. Sometimes if you think it's going to bother you and make you gag -- well, that's exactly what happens! haha

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 3:16pm
post #9 of 12

it's hard to get the right dose -- it's hard to add least/less/little enough

mellee2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee2012 Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 6:18pm
post #10 of 12

I just used it in some frosting..........it was ok, nothing to really write home about.  I am not sure I would bother to ever buy it again but you never know til you try something.

lindagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindagal Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 7:00pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks for all your input!  Sounds like the cream cheese emulsion is a big NO!  Speaking of lemon oil, I do like Boyajian pure lemon oil; I don't know if it's the same thing as the Lorann.  I use this in addition to lemon zest to get that real lemon taste in cake, cookies or frosting...much better than extract!  But you really do have to be careful with the quantity... only one or two drops.  I also use it to make lemon pasta:  I put a few drops in the water when boiling pasta or making lemony rice, YUM!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 8:32pm
post #12 of 12

as a kind of rule of thumb for me, I can put some artificial flavoring or oil into a baked good and get the essence of the flavor without the bad effects, but in candy, frostings, icings and glazes it just doesn't work as well. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%