The Science Of Chocolate Chip Cookies

Baking By craftybanana2 Updated 9 Oct 2015 , 7:05pm by craftybanana2

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 3:14am
post #1 of 3

Just thought I would post this awesome blog. This guy goes through the science of Chocolate Chip Cookie ingredients! I know, I know, you can read this stuff anywhere. But does "anywhere" have pictures that show you what happens when you use different stuff? What a cookie looks like when you use butter vs margarine, or white sugar vs brown sugar vs corn syrup?

My hubby showed it too me before I got ready to do "improvements" to my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I'm glad he did! I tweaked my recipe to how I like them and after 4 batches I got it right! Of course my cookie is now almost exactly like one in a book I already had (I just hadn't looked at the cookie section much). Oh well, church loved getting my experiments, the teenagers devoured them all.

Here's the link:

http://sweets.seriouseats.com/2013/12/the-food-lab-the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 3

oh craftyb this is good! he had to stop and consider his wife's request to stop baking cookies --- hahahaha i like it already

thanks for posting

signed

cookies.fill.my,dreams.and.my.cellulite

facepunch.png

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 9 Oct 2015 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 3

I like that it was informative and a fun read! I've told hubby I want his book now, otherwise I might do more blind experiments.... gotta birthday coming up so I'm thinking I'll have it by then!

blush.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%