Your Decorating Is Just Wow!

Decorating By Sandysdream Updated 3 Oct 2015 , 6:02pm by -K8memphis

Sandysdream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandysdream Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 4

I haven't been on Cake Central for a looooooooong time.  Today I had a look again and all the people posting their photos here are really, really good.  I cannot compare my baking to yours.  Every cake I look at is a work of art!  Maybe there should be two places to post photos of cakes ... one for the Professional, really good decorators and one for the more Average decorators.

Enjoy your baking!

3 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 4

Why? I think everyone is free to post pictures on here. I'm an a mature as well and looking at other people's cakes also makes go like wooow! But that doesn't mean that I can not post my own pictures. On one hand you can get advise on what do do different next time and on the other hand I learn a lot by reading and looking at other people's cakes on  here. For me it would be a dream to be as good as some decorators here on cc and I think naturally you wanna see some beautiful cakes in the gallery. Seeing some not so good ones in between takes off the pressure because I don't feel like I'm the only amateur. 

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 4

LOL...and taking a glance at your cakes in your profile...calling yourself an amateur is quite an  understatement! !!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 4

yes what julia said plus we are each only one -- it's not an us and you kwim just individuals all -- the cc magazine is an exclusive place for the super duper professionally photographed cakes -- this place here is for everybody's cakes -- even mine stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

but you can click on any cake photo you like and complement the caker too

i compare myself to my last work rather than to another's work -- otherwise if the work is better than mine i might feel inadequate if the work is not as good as mine i could get swell headed -- doing our best -- doing better than before those are safe/wise choices -- 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%