Crazy In The Air - Is It Just Me?

Lounge By melmar02 Updated 3 Oct 2015 , 2:40am by craftybanana2

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 1 Oct 2015 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 10

I feel like the full-blood-super-apocalyptic moon craze has spilled over into my cake life this week. I received an email from a potential client last night with an image of something that could have been trademarked, and I responded that I would need to look into whether or not we would need to obtain permission to use the design she wanted. She just called yelling at me that it was the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard and "it's not like I want you to put it on a t-shirt"!   Ummm... isn't that the same thing I was thinking as she continued to yell. She kept going and at the end she spouted that she wasn't going to pay my prices anyway and hung up.

I hope she feels better for venting, and that she's not really having a terible day, but I don't understand the point of her call. If I was out of your price range, why bother to argue about the design? This is just my most recent in a series of weird situations. Is it just me, or is there extra crazy in the air lately? Hopefully I'm getting it all out of the way before a tasting I have this weekend!

M

*Last edited by melmar02 on 1 Oct 2015 , 8:23pm
9 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Oct 2015 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 10

I don't get the crazy ones so much, but I have a friend who has people tell her about their sex lives, spill everything about their emotional lives, and generally just be totally weird. She attracts them like a magnet. I hope that isn't your fate :/

In the meantime, hang up if someone starts yelling at you. If they're not going to treat you courteously, they've given up the right to be treated courteously.

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 2 Oct 2015 , 12:11am
post #3 of 10

Ewwww!  I don't need that kind of crazy!

costumeczar Posted 2 Oct 2015 , 1:17am
post #4 of 10

Yeah, she even had one person actually act out part of their sex life during a tasting appt. I tell her there's something in the water in her neighborhood.

KellyKSD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyKSD Posted 2 Oct 2015 , 1:23am
post #5 of 10

Yes, yes, yes, there is definitely extra crazy in the air the last few days....... I work as an ER nurse. Craziest. People. Ever. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

GoWildCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GoWildCakes Posted 2 Oct 2015 , 1:31am
post #6 of 10

Maybe it was recent Blood Moon.

cookiemum123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemum123 Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 12:11am
post #7 of 10

Eeeew at a tasting!  Why For? Nevermind. my cousin was telling me about doing tastings in a public place, but seeing this makes me think the idea might be a safety net instead of grassroots lol!

costumeczar Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 1:35am
post #8 of 10

If you do them in a public place you can get up and leave...if you're at your house it's harder to get rid of people unless you just kick them out.

cookiemum123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemum123 Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 2:30am
post #9 of 10

Yea ostumeczar, I had to do that the other day...I kept hinting, because I wanted get started on some Petit fours.  I finally got up and bent over patted my neighbor,  just like I was talking to one of my kids when they were really little..."I hate to have to put you out but, Sweetie...." lol then it dawned on her...she'd left something on the stove. Lol! 

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 3 Oct 2015 , 2:40am
post #10 of 10

Halloween is coming...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%