Business Name

Business By HomebakerLA Updated 7 Oct 2015 , 7:55pm by theresaf

HomebakerLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HomebakerLA Posted 30 Sep 2015 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 8

HI,

Im looking to start a at home bakery, but I’m having a tough time finding a company name. Everything I think of is already a name used.... If you could help me with some name suggestions I would be so HAPPY!

I want to keep the name modern and simple. I wanted to do the name “Flour Bakery’ but it has been taken

I will make the some of the following items: Peach cobbler, apple pie, brownies, verity of cupcakes, vegan/gluten free items, baked doughnuts, cookies, pecan pie  ( these are some starting items) 

I want to mix southern with a little of todays dessert trends.... thanks again for your help 

7 replies
craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 8

I'd say Southern Comfort, but that's taken. smile.png Good luck though! A name is hard, I wanted to use my name in it, but there are already at least 3 bakers in my state with the same name variation, plus a user on here already has it as her username (Annabakes)! I've put having business on the back burner, unless it's fundraising for church, for now since other things have come up like teething, lols.

Some ideas: "Southern Cakery" or "Not just Pie"

chelsealiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelsealiz Posted 7 Oct 2015 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 8

I like Southern Cakery -  or you could "rip off" duff Goldman and do Southern City Cakes. Fresh Flours is witty ;)  I find a descriptive word is helpful - like you could call it an emporium because you sell a lot more than cakes,

I have just been working on my home based business name as well. It's going to be Sweet Chelsea's (Dessert Gallery)

RobertBarnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobertBarnett Posted 7 Oct 2015 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 8

Sprinkle Bakery

Little Shells Bakery (for the little shells you pipe on cakes as borders)

Flash in the Pan Bakery

Top of the Line Bakery

Cute Desserts

Just to name a few,

Robert

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 7 Oct 2015 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 8

@chelsealiz  I love "Fresh Flours" that is so cute!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Oct 2015 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 8

Southern Sweets?

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 7 Oct 2015 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 8

Probably no matter what you come up with, the name will be used somewhere.

What's the street name your shop is on?  A catchy street name like River Street Bake Shoppe, or something just creative like the Flour Pot.  Do you have a nickname?  I know a lady whose nickname is Aunt Emme, so she uses Aunt Emme's Bake Shop.  A sophisticated name might be in order to...depends on your locale.  Since you said it has a southern flair, maybe something like Sweet Magnolia's Bake Shoppe or The Dixieland Sweet Shop.....and on and on....

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 7 Oct 2015 , 7:55pm
post #8 of 8

If you are a home based baker, and who knows, you might go store-front some time, why not make up your own address -

Sweet Treats Lane Bakery

or your name:

"Theresa's Sweet Treats"  ha you didn't say your name so i used my own!

or just a general philosophy:

Desserts First

Good Luck

Theresa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%