Help With This Design Please...edible Diamonds....

Decorating By dquick Updated 30 Sep 2015 , 7:34pm by costumeczar

dquick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dquick Posted 30 Sep 2015 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 2

I have been asked to make this design on 2 layers of a wedding cake which will be covered with white fondant.  They will be a round 8" cake and a 20" hexagon cake.   I have not done this design before and am looking for any help you could give.  Do you have a favorite tool/mold/cutter you use??  I am finding the edible diamonds to be expensive.  Do you have any suggestions on where to order these from?   Also looking for help in how i figure out how many edible diamonds i need to order so i can quote this cake out?  Thank you for all your help in advance!!!560c28e6a4c90.jpeg

1 reply
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Sep 2015 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 2

You can get a diamond impression mat to mark off the diamonds, then go back and make the marks deeper with a wooden skewer. It looks to me like they cut the little rhinestones off of the bling wrap and used those on the actual cake, but you really shouldn't do that since they're not edible. You can use isomalt dots but they won't be as shiny as rhinestones. This kind of photo drives me crazy because it's probably a dummy cake and people see it and think it's fine to put rhinestones on a real cake...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%