Tips For Starting A Home Bakery

Business By bakeforfun21 Updated 28 Sep 2015 , 7:22pm by -K8memphis

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 1:45am
post #1 of 5

Hi. I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times but i still wanted to ask anyway. i am starting a home bakery. i have looked into the florida cottage food laws and I know what i need to do to start it from home but I need tips on building clientele. I am not ready to go to cake shows but if anyone knows how i can get my business out there i will take any suggestions. i also have a facebook page already dedicated to my cakes. if anyone has any suggestions for what to put on my facebook page about my business i welcome that as well.

4 replies
Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 5:08am
post #2 of 5

1)  Proper business plan

2)  Proper costing out of everything

3) A real website with a real domain

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 11:57am
post #3 of 5

Agreed, a facebook page is okay but you want people to go to your website. Without a website you look like a hobby baker who's doing it for giggles and people won't take you seriously in the long run.

I'm working on a series of business lessons and the marketing one is coming up soon. You need to figure out where your customers are, because depending on what your'e selling they might not be on facebook.

Without more information from you, Jedi Knight gave you the best list of three things you need to do right now. Everyone's situations and marketing plans are different so it's going to be hard to give you advice if we don't have more information.

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 5

Who is your target market? If it's brides, then you probably want to drop off samples or contact wedding venues and such. So knowing who your target market is will help them give you specific replies. :) Good luck!

*Last edited by craftybanana2 on 28 Sep 2015 , 6:37pm
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 5

y'know jedi k put this in a brilliant simply worded concise plainly wrapped little package --  fifteen action packed words besides the 1, 2, 3 -- representing a boatload of work --

well done, jk clap.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%