Vegan Celebration Cake!

Baking By Rosariajameson Updated 11 Oct 2015 , 9:55am by Rosariajameson

Rosariajameson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosariajameson Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 5

Hello! I've been asked to do a vegan celebration cake for the end of this month and I have no idea what ingredients to use? I'm based in the UK so if you could tell me where I can get these ingredients from would be very much appreciated! Also, if anyone knows a great recipe for a vegan cake and buttercream I'd be over the moon!

Thanks! Rosa x

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 5

this is a great book -- these ingredients would be available in most grocery stores in the states not sure where in the uk

http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Cupcakes-Take-Over-World/dp/1569242739

best to y ou

Rosariajameson Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you :) I'll have a look :)

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 5

There is a an old war cake recipe that is chocolate and although not designed to be vegan, it just happens to be. I use it all the time, and it is good the first day, better the second.  Also, when kept in the fridge, it actually improves.  The following recipe is but one of many for it (I think everyone's family has some version of this)  but I find this versions instructions allow it to always be perfect.  The recipe is for cupcakes, but it makes a good cake as well  (for me the listed recipe as written tends to make a standard 8" layer or  about 11 cupcakes).  I know it seems like olive oil would have a funny taste, but you cannot taste it.  The added coffee is strong in the batter until it is cooked and then it  simply enhances the chocolate flavor.  It will be a bit thinner than most cake batter tends to be, and it does require you to put a touch more in for cupcakes.  I do tend to fill cake pans about the same with it. The best part about this, is that it is SUPER easy but comes out terrific!

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/super_easy_super_moist_chocolate_cupcakes/

*Last edited by Singerssoul on 27 Sep 2015 , 9:20pm
Rosariajameson Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 9:55am
post #5 of 5

Oh thank you very much! I've managed to find a box cake mix by Orgran until I get used to vegan baking :P what a cheater I am!

Thank you so much for all your advice guys!

Rosa

Xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%