How To Make Colored Bc Icing For Piping That Is Shiny Like Tt's?

Decorating By bakingintheburg Updated 27 Sep 2015 , 7:49pm by bakingintheburg

bakingintheburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingintheburg Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 12:23am
post #1 of 3

I'm so sorry if this is not the right place for this post, please redirect if it is.  

I have been admiring ThanhThanh's (TT?) cakes and her beautiful piping.  I have found when people ask on the photo gallery where she says it is all buttercream, but cannot find anything about the shine.  Can someone please tell me how to achieve that shine in the piping that is almost pearlized or metallic looking?  It appears to me that the icing is piped that way.  Or is it airbrushed?  Is there a special kind of gel used to color the icing or something else added to it in the mixing/coloring process? I have done several searches on CC using various terms and have not found a post already answering this question. Maybe I am using the incorrect search terms?  

Thanks for your help!   

2 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 10:30am
post #2 of 3

There's another thread on  here with a similar question. Someone said "she gets the pearly effect on her buttercream by airbrushing it (the entire cake) with pearl luster."

bakingintheburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingintheburg Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you!  I wasn't sure because it was hard to tell whether that luster was on the entire cake or just the piping, but maybe in the photos it just shows up better on the piping due to the raised texture.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%