Getting Twitchy About Time Of Decorating A Cake.

Decorating By shdvl Updated 25 Sep 2015 , 3:10pm by shdvl

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 25 Sep 2015 , 1:50am
post #1 of 4

Ack just realized I have just 3 full days to bake and decorate include making the decorations for my son's 16th birthday cake. my hubby gets paid on next Tuesday do thats when I getting my supplies but that night my younger child has football practice which I attend since I am home more to help him learn the skills coach goes over. So Wednesday, I am making pizza toppings which I hope will dry enough to place on Friday. Plus we changed the direction of the cake so he could have a different cake flavor. I need to make fondant and cover the cake. I hope there are no major upsets in our day to day life I should be able have the kitchen to my self for 8 hours or so each day and I will need it since its the first decorated cake I making in my new apartment. All my decorating tools are still packed at least I know where they are( a plus as I did pack some things I been looking for for 3 weeks.)

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Sep 2015 , 11:22am
post #2 of 4

You'll be fine...Pizza toppings will dry enough to use in two days, and those are the kind of things that you can put on the cake when they're not dry, so you should be okay. Good luck finding your decorating tools, though, I hate moving and finding things in boxes :/

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Sep 2015 , 11:38am
post #3 of 4

kitchen to yourself for 8 hours with a family? good luck with that one blush.png

but I am rootin' for your cake -- would love to see a picture if you can but no pressure -- 

love the expression 'getting twitchy' -- that's what Phil Ligget says about the sprinters near the end of a bicycle race 'the boys are getting twitchy'

maybe board up the kitchen door and they'll all get twitchy!

best to you!

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 25 Sep 2015 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 4

Ok I stretched the time estimate but since both my boys are in school I do get 6 1/2 hours kids free time weekdays. My husband is smart enough to stay away if I am working in the kitchen on Wednesday before he goes to work. Now if I could get off hold on my phone call I could go make a test cake to test if my oven has hot spots.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%