Tiered Cake Boxes

Decorating By apowell5 Updated 23 Sep 2015 , 2:21pm by -K8memphis

apowell5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apowell5 Posted 22 Sep 2015 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 4

Where is the best place to purchase boxes for tiered cakes.

3 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 22 Sep 2015 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 4

What kind of boxes are you looking for?  Specially made to transport tiered cakes?  I've seen a few like that, but I just use heavy cardboard shipping boxes from Wal-Mart.  Around here they sell they super cheap...I can buy an 18x18x24 for less than $2!  I lay the box flat and cut off the top 2-3 inches in order to make a two piece box and lid. 

I assemble the box and tape all the flaps securely in place with good packing tape (I love Gorilla brand tape).

I then cut one side from top to bottom on both the left and right sides so that the front of the box folds down forward (think of a castle's draw bridge). 

I place my well-chilled cake in the box on a piece of rubber non-slip mat, then close the flap up and tape in place, then add the "lid" I made from the portion I cut off the top....box is ready to go!

I've transported up to 5 tiers fully assembled as far as 3 hours away an never had a problem!

*Last edited by Jeff_Arnett on 22 Sep 2015 , 7:08pm
apowell5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apowell5 Posted 22 Sep 2015 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 4

Ok thank you, I use the packing boxes from walmart right now as well. I will defiantly have to try your method though, it sounds so much more functionable.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Sep 2015 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 4

and they are reusable -- don't forget to leave a couple regular cake boxes for any possible leftovers -

best 2u

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%