Why Do My Cakes Sink On The Sides???

Baking By kentuckyjode Updated 24 Sep 2015 , 10:06pm by Shockolata

kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 20 Sep 2015 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 7

When I bake my cakes, they come out with like folds on the sides...sort of like they rise and fall and rise again.. any suggestions??

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Sep 2015 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 7

idk for sure -- too mush grease? try not greasing your pans just use parchment on the bottom -- then just run a knife around it to release it from the pan -- another thought is that you might want to try a different recipe? maybe

CupoSgrPnchoLve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupoSgrPnchoLve Posted 20 Sep 2015 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 7

Sounds like too much liquid in the batter

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 21 Sep 2015 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 7

Tell everyone your recipe and they can probably tell you if there is too much liquid in it.

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 24 Sep 2015 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 7

Overbaking?

CupoSgrPnchoLve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupoSgrPnchoLve Posted 24 Sep 2015 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 7

I really do think that it's too much liquid.  I'm most definitely not an expert/pro baker, but because of that, I frequently have random issues like this that I have to trouble shoot myself.  I had the exact same issue with one of my cakes folding on the side and found this link after I scoured the internet for a while: http://www.nzbakels.co.nz/services/customer.cfm?content_id=362. Sounds like the "X" fault.

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 24 Sep 2015 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 7

They sink on the sides because you did not cool them upside down whilst still in the pan and because as K8Memphis said you  have greased the sides and they slid back down. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%