Where To Buy Kopykake Projector

Decorating By pilotbaby Updated 12 Sep 2015 , 6:41pm by TheresaCarol

pilotbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilotbaby Posted 12 Sep 2015 , 12:59am
post #1 of 2

Sorry for all of my questions tonight. My Hubby surprised me with a projector for my recent sugar cookie hobby. After studying it and reading previous posts on here, we are thinking we are going to return it for a kopykake projector. Where is the best place to buy it and anything we need to know before investing? I am new to baking and just making sugar cookies for family and friends so not super large quantities. He is a great artist though and I think this will be a great tool for decorating! TIA

1 reply
TheresaCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheresaCarol Posted 12 Sep 2015 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 2

I love my projector.  I have been able to do so much with it.  I used one in high school to do ice cream cakes for my job.  The one I used came with a set of images that you placed in the machines that were standard.  Today, you can purchase a CD with design images that you copy off the computer.  The CD is about $55 so it is an investment, not one that I can afford to make presently.  Depending on where you buy the projector, the CD may come with it.  

You can purchase them on Amazon or any decorating supplier.  I would research the sites before I made a commitment.  I bought mine used for $50 from a cake decorator who wasn't using anymore and wanted to get rid of it so I can't be of great help in that area.  I would be sure the company you bought it from had a return policy and good customer feedback before committing to such a large purchase.  

My projector does not have a stand so I use vice grips to hold it to my countertop when I need to use it.  I don't have a separate decorating space so it has to be portable.  This has worked for me.  It can be mounted if you have the space.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%