Non-Chocolate Groom's Cake Flavors

Baking By melmar02 Updated 13 Sep 2015 , 1:11pm by CatPoet

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 7

I have a groom who doesn't like chocolate (gasp). What would you offer as an alternative (wedding cake will be amaretto)? I'm starting with:

Italian cream

Pistachio cardamom

Caramel

Peanut butter 

Vanilla chai

Carrot

Pumpkin ginger

Red velvet in case he's open to a little chocolate. 

Am I forgetting some classic combination? 

Thanks,

M

6 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 7

Vanilla and anything

coffee and cream

lemon and raspberry

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 12:15am
post #3 of 7

coconut

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Sep 2015 , 12:40am
post #4 of 7

Around here all the grooms want funfetti. The bride will start saying "This is going to sound weird, but he wants..." and I'll say "funfetti." And the bride gets all wide-eyed and says "HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT!!??" It's so stupid.

TheresaCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheresaCarol Posted 13 Sep 2015 , 12:33am
post #5 of 7

I had a groom that wanted spice cake and still likes to have my spice cake when I want to make him something special.

rowantree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rowantree Posted 13 Sep 2015 , 6:34am
post #6 of 7

I did a stacked pineapple upside down cake in the form of a Doctor Who Tardis for a groom's cake--it was really good but took a little extra structure to keep it from falling over--unfortunately I didn't add that extra structure.  It was set up on a tilt as if it were landing, but lasted until just before the cutting of the cakes--I caught it falling, and help it up as if it was planned that way (lol) and stuck an extra down in it just in time.

I had made it by making a normal one-layer pineapple upside down cake, then cut that into 5" squares when it was cooled, and just stacked them until I had the necessary height. It was fine until it was set on the tilted base layer.

CatPoet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatPoet Posted 13 Sep 2015 , 1:11pm
post #7 of 7

GIngerbread cake with lingon / cranberry , is classic here..    

I do a lovely   vanilla cake with   caramel sauce and  lingon, yeah I am Swedish ok and lingon to us is  our life blood, no wait that is coffee... and then banana,,,

Anyway,  walnut cake with coffee frosting used to be popular too here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%