Friday Night Cake Club For 9/4/15

Decorating By catlharper Updated 6 Sep 2015 , 9:36pm by SweetShop5

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 3:45am
post #1 of 21

Opening up another session of the FNCC. Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you can!

Cat

20 replies
catlharper Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 3:47am
post #2 of 21

Hi everyone! I was SO going to make a cake this week and then it was decided that a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake was in order because our oldest passed her certification test (like the Bar for Lawyers) for her Surgical Tech degree! So we celebrated tonight with a yummy dinner and her favorite ice cream cake!

Hope to see what you all came up with this week!

Cat

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 7:12am
post #3 of 21

Congrats to your oldest Cat!  Here's some of my week.  The pink ombre rosette cake from last week, some summer sugar cookies and just because it would look so naughty - a cookie dough filled brownie cookie sandwich!

Pastrybaglady Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 7:22am
post #4 of 21

Sigh, posting problems!

catlharper Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 21

@Pastrybaglady I think lots of people are having posting problems...only thing I can think of to explain why it's so empty here this morning! Weird! Hope they get it fixed soon!

Cat

CoinUK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoinUK Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 21

Just the one from me this week, for a little girl who turned 21 yesterday :D

55eb1ec878775.jpeg

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 5:28pm
post #7 of 21

Hi everyone! Pretty slow week for me, I think its because it's back to school time.

@catlharper  You can never go wrong with ice cream cake! I actually miss having one at my birthday haha! 

@CoinUK  I LOOOOVE your cake!

I made some candy and sweets cupcakes for fun lol

pylAbgmadg-candy-sweets-cupcakes_900.jpg

and some Paris themed cupcakes for my cousins birthday:

2VFUkLjNWj-paris-themed-cupcakes_900.jpgiy4Q9oaw6T-paris-themed-cupcakes_900.jpg

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 21

@SweetShop5  I love how vibrant the colors of your icing are!! Very cute!!

i had a busy week no baking but we are making lots of progress in the kitchen so we'll be open for business very soon maybe as soon as 2 weeks or as late as 3!!! I can't wait to take our first order!!!

SweetShop5 Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 8:08pm
post #9 of 21

@Webake2gether  Thank you! Americolor gel paste is definitely my favourite to colour icing. Just a few drops and you instantly get beautiful colours!

Pastrybaglady Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 8:47pm
post #10 of 21

@SweetShop5  your standing Eiffel Tower is breathtaking!

Pastrybaglady Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 9:00pm
post #11 of 21

Rosette cake

55eb57dd96125.jpeg

Summer sugar cookies

55eb57ddd7d83.jpeg

*Last edited by Pastrybaglady on 5 Sep 2015 , 9:10pm
Pastrybaglady Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 9:07pm
post #12 of 21

Cookie dough filled brownie sandwich cookie

55eb59a2d4cdc.jpeg

*Last edited by Pastrybaglady on 5 Sep 2015 , 9:11pm
Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 9:46pm
post #13 of 21

I love Americolor!!! Won't use anything new else!!! If I could buy it by the gallon I would lol :) 

@Pastrybaglady  cute cookies!!! Oh and brownies are my fave!! 

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 11:32pm
post #14 of 21

Oh the cupcakes and cakes are so cute this week!  I used to love Americolor colors, until I opened my natural bakery.  Luckily I have a great natural food color supplier with tons of colors and sheens. I love watching the work folks are doing each week in this thread!

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 12:11am
post #15 of 21

Evenin' ya'll! I'm about to open one big for post just for issues on here 'cause there's so many, I'm not pushing the "help" button that many times. And it probably wouldn't work anyway!

I'm working on a going away cake this weekend with a globe and cute little biplane.  Having way too much fun with luster dust right now, but will post photos when all done! 

So many people I know went out of town this weekend, I'm still at home ;) have a great weekend guys!! I've so enjoyed the forum lately!

SweetShop5 Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 4:00pm
post #16 of 21

@Pastrybaglady  your rosette buttercream cake is so perfect! Fantastic job on the ombre! And those summer cookies heart_eyes.png

Unfortunately my Paris cupcakes are for this afternoon, and I checked on them as I woke up, and almost all the liners had peeled off on their own flushed.png Of course I had to do some investigating, and found out that Cupcake Creations liners are known for doing that. Now I'm panicking cause it makes the cupcakes look awful. Wish I would have done some research before buying them cause they definitely weren't cheap.

Pastrybaglady Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 4:23pm
post #17 of 21

Oh Nooooooooo! Can you use those fancy extra liners and plunk them inside?  Maybe it would hold the in enough to still be pretty?

catlharper Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 4:37pm
post #18 of 21

@SweetShop5  I agree...maybe some collars on them?? You can even make them if you have a color printer! Or have paper doilies...you just cut out the center and wrap around them! Also! You can use thin ribbon to tie around them! Oh I do hope you can work it out, they are SO pretty!

@Brookebakescake  Hit that "HELP" button as often as you want. Chances are one of us has gone through what you are experiencing and can help. 

Love all the creations this week! Glad that CC got whatever fixed so we could post and catch up!

Cat

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 5:23pm
post #19 of 21

Oooh...cat, I didn't mean that they don't get to the problems when we submit them.  I mean right now my pull down menus aren't working, so the "help" button itself probably wouldn't work ;)

catlharper Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 5:31pm
post #20 of 21

@Brookebakescake  LOL! OH! yeah...I don't know if that would help anything!

SweetShop5 Posted 6 Sep 2015 , 9:36pm
post #21 of 21

@catlharper  I didn't have time to do anything since I got busy, but luckily no one seemed to care and they barely noticed haha! They all went so quickly, most people we're distracted by the toppers so I guess that's a good thing. But I did send the company an email about the liners. Hopefully they reply.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%