I Need Help On An Offset Look For A Wedding Cake!!

Baking By CraftySweets Updated 30 Aug 2015 , 12:28am by -K8memphis

CraftySweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraftySweets Posted 29 Aug 2015 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 3

55e22db9657cb.jpeg55e22db9b4639.jpegHello! I'm new to this forum and also new in the cake "business" (I only make cakes for family/close friends). I will be making my first Wedding Cake for a friend!!! She wants a 4 tier Square cake with an off set look (slightly turned NOT the Square, Diamond style) so my question is will these square pans help me achieve the offset look: 16",12",9",6"?? I don't want the tiers to be too close in size or of course too far apart so will these work? I will post pictures of what the (obove size) pans look like stacked  and the look I'm trying to achieve. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks -S smile.png

2 replies
Amps.prkns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amps.prkns Posted 29 Aug 2015 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 3

Those pans should work for you assuming you plan on making two layers of each size that way with the frosting and covering it should be about 6 inches per layer. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Aug 2015 , 12:28am
post #3 of 3

for one thing, the cake pan on the top doesn't have straight up and down sides so you'll want to trim it before icing --

then the difference you have between the tiers is 4" from the 16 to the 12 -- then it's a 3" difference between the other tiers -- so the off set will be a little different  which is fine but if you want it all equal in proportion then trim the 9" cake to an 8" and the 6" to a 4" -- or trim the 16 to a 15 -- either way

best 2u

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%