Pricing?

Baking By k1mber1ndarella Updated 27 Aug 2015 , 5:44pm by Webake2gether

k1mber1ndarella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
k1mber1ndarella Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 4

What is an approximate estimate of what you would charge someone for a cake like this?

55de0cf196428.jpeg

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 4

$5 a serving without the toys

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 4

Most likely, this question is being asked on an anonymous, international forum because you have not sold a cake (or many cakes) prior to this time.   You should do a forum search using the term, Cake Pricing or   "How to Price Cakes".

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide a meaningful answer.  This is an international forum, we don't know where you are in the world, we don't know if that is your cake (assume it is not, only provided for image), we don't know if you can reproduce that cake exactly or even close or if it will taste good or if it is dry or if the frosting is good or if you use quality ingredients or the least expensive ingredients or if you live in a town/hamlet/pueblo/village with 100 people or a gigantic metropolitan city with 2 million people.  We don't know if you are selling to family, friends, or strangers with a contract for sale of custom cakes.

Good article:  http://www.cakeboss.com/Cake-Stuff/Articles/How-Much-Should-I-Charge

*Last edited by Apti on 27 Aug 2015 , 3:50pm
Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 27 Aug 2015 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 4

Try this:

http://www.bakecalc.com

I agree with @Apti  I seen another post from you on pricing and I would strongly suggest you find a way to price according to your skill,ingredients and supply costs, and market. If you are making and selling cakes to the public it's a good idea to have a solid price list in place and operate legally. With a base price list you can easily add on the extra cost and expenses for custom cakes but you have to know what it costs you to make it and none of us can answer that for you. Baking cakes is one thing selling cakes is a totally different.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%