Need Help/advice - Just Starting Out

Baking By Nairka Updated 15 Aug 2015 , 9:09pm by Nairka

Nairka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nairka Posted 14 Aug 2015 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone. I am very new in the cake decorating/baking, and starting a home bakery and have a few questions. I've been trying to bake a day or two ahead and then do the decorating the day before I deliver the cake.  So far, I only had orders for cakes only, and not too big. My question: when you get an order for a whole sweet table - cake, macarons, cake pops, etc - when do you start baking? How much time do you give yourself to get everything done?  Also, when delivering cakes, do you stack them first? Are there special mats or something that will make cake transporting safer? Thank you! 

3 replies
Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 1:54am
post #2 of 4

Hello! If you just search the forum with a few key words, you'll have all the info you can handle. 

Try:

Delivery

Timing

Cake pop

Non slip

You'll get plenty of info from previous posts. 

Good luck!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 7:18am
post #3 of 4

If you are located in the USA, you can purchase rubberized shelf liner rolls at the Dollar Store that are fabulous for placing on the floor of your car to keep the cake from sliding around during delivery.  You can also cut the shelf liner to prevent sliding on the turn table, prevent sliding in the bakery delivery box, etc.

The other questions, like a sweets table, will only come with research and experience since there are far too many variables for us to guess at an appropriate answer.

Smaller cake, 3 or less tiers, are usually stacked before delivery IF YOU are doing the delivery and know how to take the appropriate driving precautions.

Nairka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nairka Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks guys!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%