Frozen Buttercream Transfer Sweating

Decorating By The4gahodges Updated 13 Aug 2015 , 11:34pm by GoWildCakes

The4gahodges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The4gahodges Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 4

I made a cake with a frozen buttercream transfer on it that was a a grooms cake for a friend.   It was so good but the reception was held in a barn like place and was hot and it started to sweat.  I have to make another cake this weekend and I want to use one as the design is a school mascot and I am not good doing drawings on my own. The cake is not going to be outside but I do have to transport it there.  I live in south GA and will be taking the cake to FL. Is there a way to keep it from sweating?  Maybe after placing on cake let i thaw out in the fridge? First pic is the first one I made with no sweating, second is the last one that sweated.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks55cba00d0c9c6.jpeg55cba00d660a2.jpeg

3 replies
GoWildCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GoWildCakes Posted 13 Aug 2015 , 12:17am
post #2 of 4

I had a similar issue with buttercream transfer.  The color bled into the rest of the image. Fortunately it was for my son and it was  Jack Skellington, so it worked fine that way. http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3348420/jack-skellington

The next one I did on a very humid day.  I was very worried that it would sweat and, it being very colorful I didn't want it to do that.  I made sure that the cake itself was at room temperature and I had my ceiling fan on high above it.  It started to sweat a bit but dried before the colors could bleed.  It finally crusted after about and hour.  I kept it at room temp and when it was picked up I told the client to keep it at room temp. http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3347270/chicago-blackhawks-cake

Hope that helps you.

The4gahodges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The4gahodges Posted 13 Aug 2015 , 12:43am
post #3 of 4

Thank you very much, GoWildCakes!!!! I am doing a pirate head and it is for a quarterback club so I didn't want it to look all yucky...lol Those are the only two FBT that I have done and after the last one I was just worried it would do it again.  It is so hot down here this time of year.  Thanks again!!!

GoWildCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GoWildCakes Posted 13 Aug 2015 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 4

Also when the the Blackhawks cake was setting up I would blot it with some Viva papertowel to absorb any moisture that didn't want to dry.

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%