What Is Your Favorite Cake Recipe?

Baking By brittany0207 Updated 13 Aug 2015 , 8:07am by jaicolebe

brittany0207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brittany0207 Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 4

I'm looking for a really tasty cake recipe that is moist - vanilla or chocolate! Please share your recipes if you wish! I am wanting to try several different ones until I find one that I really like!

3 replies
Norcalhiker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norcalhiker Posted 13 Aug 2015 , 5:15am
post #2 of 4

Just me thinking out loud here...Have you thought about developing your own recipe?  Recipes are not dependable as environmental factors and the characteristic of ingredients very widely.  Protein in flour varies by crop and brand; beet sugar bakes differently from cane sugar; brands of butter vary in fat and water content; humidity and temperature vary by location.  My recipe works in my environment, with my equipment & methods, and with the brands I consistently purchase.  But there's no guarantee it will work in a different environment, with other brands.  I recently relocated from Southern California to Northern California.  I baked my standard white cake 4 times after the move; the results were so-so results.  The different brands really effected my recipe.  I'm in The process of revising my recipe now.  I've baked 7 cakes in the past week, each time revising to get to the results I want.  I think the 8th cake will be the one.  

aside from getting a consist product, developing your own recipes gives you an invaluable understanding of the science of baking.  Just a thought  

ModernLovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ModernLovers Posted 13 Aug 2015 , 6:20am
post #3 of 4

Norcalhiker: It's just my experience too. It takes very long to adjust a recipe to suit even the environment, the oven and humidity in one area and so on. When I went from hobby baker and baked in a regular oven to become professional and start baking in a professional my old recipes did not work anymore. I had to adjust the recipes to make them work. It took a long time to learn my new environment and my new oven. Although I learned my new kitchen, it is not a guarantee that it always works well. Sometimes the humidity is very high and I can not get exactly as I want. 

jaicolebe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaicolebe Posted 13 Aug 2015 , 8:07am
post #4 of 4

You should search in internet about cooking recipes actually my wife used to do that in fact it's quite good and

cooking recipes here she find all her answer. I think you should go with this once hope you and your family will like it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%