Cake Travel

Decorating By Jen12345 Updated 12 Aug 2015 , 5:11pm by Honey6983

Jen12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen12345 Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 4

Need to send a 3 tiered cake with a bride an hour away. So, it needs to be fully assembled. Will this work? Or will it fall apart? Help!

3 replies
ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 4

You can use the SPS support system.  Folks here in CC swear by it.  I would make sure I have a dowel that goes through all the layers.  But ultimately you are at the mercy of the bride's driving.  I know if you were taking the cake you would drive it like if you had a baby on board.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 4

^^^ what ropalma said.  Also, take pictures and MAKE SURE that you have the bride/whoever sign off when they pick it up.  You CANNOT be held responsible for the condition of the cake once it leaves you.  And make sure they place it flat (not in someone's lap) and give them a square of the rubbery shelf liner to set it on so it doesn't slide. 

Honey6983 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honey6983 Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 4

Yep, agreed. Use SPS and make sure you tell them to drive carefully, keep the car cool, etc. and have them sign off that they're responsible. For this reason, I actually require all my wedding cakes be delivered and set up at the final destination - by ME! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%